2023 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read a sign on the dock that says no fishing from dock but there is a breakwater and a rocky point on either side of the dock you could fish the same water look at the charts.
Thanks so much Bluegl...

I probably will regret not bringing the boat, but there's always next time... lol

I'll make sure I pack all the kids gear so we can toss out a line and such... I've been doing what you suggested and looking at the charts and google maps... Look like some decent areas to explore...

Are you staying at the resort? We'll be arriving tomorrow evening around 7ish if things go well... It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive up... so depends on when I get out of work...

Take them farther down the road and come to Telegraph Cove lots to see and the Whale museum is spectacular. They are more than welcome to fish off the dock here. Another 8-9 k farther along the road.

I agree with Captain Ed. We go to Telegraph for a couple of weeks each summer. When my boy and his buddy were younger, they would spend any free time (not on boat) at the end of the dock at the fish cleaning station on the TC Marina side. Caught all kinds of critters there. Keeps the tourists busy as well, as they always like to come and see what the kids are catching.

Thanks so much Bluegl...

I probably will regret not bringing the boat, but there's always next time... lol

I'll make sure I pack all the kids gear so we can toss out a line and such... I've been doing what you suggested and looking at the charts and google maps... Look like some decent areas to explore...

Are you staying at the resort? We'll be arriving tomorrow evening around 7ish if things go well... It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive up... so depends on when I get out of work...
I don’t know your logistics of brining a boat if you’re renting a trailer up there and have room behind your rig to tow it up.. I know you will regret not having it, there are many quality halibut spots within 5 minutes of the alder bay dock. May want to reconsider.

Thanks for all the tips and ideas... Sounds like we've got some exploring to do...

Unfortunately bringing the boat isn't an option on this trip, truck is getting a new engine installed and I'm pretty sure my wife's little SUV won't tow the boat...🤪 lol

Looking forward to checking out some new areas and seeing the sights... Telegraph cove on Sunday for sure, Port Hardy area on Saturday...

Thanks again...

Thanks for all the tips and ideas... Sounds like we've got some exploring to do...

Unfortunately bringing the boat isn't an option on this trip, truck is getting a new engine installed and I'm pretty sure my wife's little SUV won't tow the boat...🤪 lol

Looking forward to checking out some new areas and seeing the sights... Telegraph cove on Sunday for sure, Port Hardy area on Saturday...

Thanks again...
Port McNeill is nice see see they fishing off the ferry dock or close to it there was an eagle sitting with the fisherman the day I was there see the burl and Coal harbor is cool paved road. I was out of there this morning.

I agree with Captain Ed. We go to Telegraph for a couple of weeks each summer. When my boy and his buddy were younger, they would spend any free time (not on boat) at the end of the dock at the fish cleaning station on the TC Marina side. Caught all kinds of critters there. Keeps the tourists busy as well, as they always like to come and see what the kids are catching.
I watched the kid on the gas dock at TC casting and catching a coho every 5 minutes or so -- that was in late August a few years ago.

i have seen people fishing from shore at Lady Ellen Point. it’s a really steep beach. I’ve never been out there myself but apparently there is a road out to the end of Ledge Point. There must be some sort of trail off the road out to Lady Ellen Point. the cross hair is Lady Ellen

Attachments

• 776DD59A-E657-4D3F-A1ED-6E41B1BF17D8.jpeg
    776DD59A-E657-4D3F-A1ED-6E41B1BF17D8.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 33
Been reading reading this forum for awhile…time to log on. My boys have hiked out to lady Ellen a couple times and have pulled coho off the point. There is a road in and a short hike

Been reading reading this forum for awhile…time to log on. My boys have hiked out to lady Ellen a couple times and have pulled coho off the point. There is a road in and a short hike
welcome. had friends that had a bonfire at the end of ledge point and a cougar came right in to the fire and tried to grab their yappy little dog. they fought it off, no sad ending. best part of the story is their toddler daughter saw the cougar come in to camp first and she said “ kitty!”

This thread has been pretty quiet lately, anything going on up around TC? We will be coming up mid August, hoping to catch a halibut (never caught one)☹️

Was likely my secret spot until Roy found me out there in the fog many years ago.
Could be, but every guide at the old Sunds lodge and most most Port mcneil locals and half of Telegraph Cove know where it is

Yes. If it's the one I'm thinking of my son and I found it. He guided for Sunds for 4 years.
Roy bugged me for the location for weeks then ended up catching me on it on a foggy day. Not foggy enough.

Yes. If it's the one I'm thinking of my son and I found it. He guided for Sunds for 4 years.
Roy bugged me for the location for weeks then ended up catching me on it on a foggy day. Not foggy enough.
What years was he there, at Sunds

This thread has been pretty quiet lately, anything going on up around TC? We will be coming up mid August, hoping to catch a halibut (never caught one)☹️
Was up there from June 1-8 and put 9 hali in the box, lost maybe 4-5 that just didn’t hook up after a 30 second fight. Just one boat but enough ppl to get our limit. Fished roughly 4 hours a day, got skunked the first 3 days and then went 3,2,1,2,1. The tides were huge and the bites didn’t last more than 45 mins. Had to capitalize when it turned on.

IMG_3857.jpegIMG_3838.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back