Status
Not open for further replies.
We had our 12 in just 2 hours today. A lot more boats today for sure. Was surprised that when we got to the dock that there were people without fish.

We went and fished Saturday eve. Got 6 at Dunsmuir. Fished this morning got 7 then scratched around for 6 hours for 2 more. Couldn't get the last one.

Quick trip today. Left the dock at 5 and back at 6:15 with our 12. Would of be done even earlier, but we loss 9 including a triple header and 2 doubles. Looked like a bit of a clown show. Looked like most around us were into fish. Will be back next weekend to do it all over again. Another great weekend

Attachments

• IMG_3881[1].PNG
    IMG_3881[1].PNG
    497.9 KB · Views: 140
Had 12 today in the seine free zone. Not bionic fishing but pretty steady until we were done. Same gear, same depths.
Hello!
I've seen a couple of posts about the 'seine free zone' in Alberni Inlet. I'm gonna fish 3rd week of August, and would really appreciate knowing exactly what are the boundaries for this zone. Thanks so much!

Hello!
I've seen a couple of posts about the 'seine free zone' in Alberni Inlet. I'm gonna fish 3rd week of August, and would really appreciate knowing exactly what are the boundaries for this zone. Thanks so much!
It’s for sockeye only at this point. Springs likely different.

If you look at the latest DFO commercial openings notice for seines in area 23 it explains the actual area.

We did well on Tuesday gillnetting at ten mile.
All sox were under 30' deep and Alaska twist was the go to terminal gear!
Reports from either end of the canal were not so good.
We were there after the seiners, so no big schools, but smaller groups of five would hit at the leadline.
Didn't catch any sporties in the net, everybody happy!
Water was warm, tons of jellyfish and algae snot.

Fresh sockeye for dinner last night and the rest of my deckhand wages are in for some lox treatment.

Coming from Bamfield. How far into the canal do you have to travel to target sox for a day. Tia

Coming from Bamfield. How far into the canal do you have to travel to target sox for a day. Tia
I would go to Nahmint. Fish outside Hook Bay towards Hocking.

Sometimes you can get them outside in Limestone or even in Sarita if they school up enough but it’s not a long run to go inside.

I would go to Nahmint. Fish outside Hook Bay towards Hocking.

Sometimes you can get them outside in Limestone or even in Sarita if they school up enough but it’s not a long run to go inside.
I've done very well over the last few years on the Bamfield side of Hocking Point.

We've caught them off Kirby Point (Diana) on the incoming. Coho on the outside, Sockeye on the inside and Springs underneath. If there are fish there it is hard to get down to them though as something will grab whatever you are using on the way down. I also heard yesterday that Sockeye were being caught off Swale, but that is second hand. I'm fishing Effingham to Swale tomorrow, so I can update that info on our returm in the afternoon. jc Tuna Maru

We've caught them off Kirby Point (Diana) on the incoming. Coho on the outside, Sockeye on the inside and Springs underneath. If there are fish there it is hard to get down to them though as something will grab whatever you are using on the way down. I also heard yesterday that Sockeye were being caught off Swale, but that is second hand. I'm fishing Effingham to Swale tomorrow, so I can update that info on our returm in the afternoon. jc Tuna Maru
An update from today. We never made it to Swale, but did fish the Mears Bluff side of Effingham for a beautiful 25# Spring and a bunch of shakers. Some friends fished the west side near Cree and saw a dense school of fish on their sounder about 25' deep. About a dozen boats in the area, but no one tried Sockeye gear. When talking with them afterwards, that's what I thought they were. Sorry no first hand. jc Tuna Maru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back