2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished 11-2 today from the north arm to the Bell Buoy with my dad and got into some winter chinooks. 11 fish to the boat (mostly undersized) and kept one at 66 cms.

Best depth was around 150'-160' with the rods at 120' and 140'. Ran black glow flasher / cop car spoon and chartreuse glow lemon lime flasher / anchovy spoon and both performed almost dead even.

IMG_7327.jpg

Fished 11-2 today from the north arm to the Bell Buoy with my dad and got into some winter chinooks. 11 fish to the boat (mostly undersized) and kept one at 66 cms.

Best depth was around 150'-160' with the rods at 120' and 140'. Ran black glow flasher / cop car spoon and chartreuse glow lemon lime flasher / anchovy spoon and both performed almost dead even.

View attachment 99285
I did Pt Atkinson to Cypress Creek, plus HITW. Beautiful day to not have any bites. I saw the boats at the bell, should’ve joined you.

Crazy I know. Government is fawked

Anyways back to the reports . Wondering if I should gear the boat up for tomorrow ? Looks like some folks catching around bell today
I would it’s worth a shot and drop a couple crab traps off there too least u will be able to see them while u r fishing too winning

I'm heading out in the morning. Thinking about Tunstall. Any recent reports? Or any recommendations of other locations?

We did a full tack at Tunstall today from 12-1, tried 145'-180' and got one shaker. Didn’t feel particularly fishy. Came back in to the Bell and got a few undersized on the tack towards the north arm on a rising tide.

Should also mention the full-on whale show we caught coming back from Tunstall. Something like 12 orcas and 8 humpbacks all together with a cloud of birds circling and bobbing around. Looked like they were all feeding on the same bait ball / food source. Have never seen the whales mixed like that.

Last edited:
We did a full tack at Tunstall today from 12-1, tried 145-180 and got one shaker. Didn’t feel particularly fishy. Came back in to the Bell and got a few undersized on the tack towards the north arm on a rising tide.

Should also mention the full on whale show we caught coming back from Tunstall. Something like 12 orcas and 8 humpbacks all together with a cloud of birds circling and bobbing around. Looked like they were all feeding on the same bait ball / food source. Have never seen the whales mixed like that.
I saw a lot of whale action way out in the middle of QA, Cowen and Point Atkinson a couple weeks back. Same area?

I saw a lot of whale action way out in the middle of QA, Cowen and Point Atkinson a couple weeks back. Same area?
If you headed S from Cape Roger Curtis to the route of the Horseshoe Bay – Nanaimo ferry you'd be approx in the area. We saw the 4 whale watching boats all bobbing in a circle and then the whales.

We did a full tack at Tunstall today from 12-1, tried 145'-180' and got one shaker. Didn’t feel particularly fishy. Came back in to the Bell and got a few undersized on the tack towards the north arm on a rising tide.

Should also mention the full-on whale show we caught coming back from Tunstall. Something like 12 orcas and 8 humpbacks all together with a cloud of birds circling and bobbing around. Looked like they were all feeding on the same bait ball / food source. Have never seen the whales mixed like that.
Sometimes Orcas hunt humpbacks.

Any prawning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back