2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I still have the sound of that bell ringing loudly in my head as I replay the memories of fish lost by the side of the boat close by. The bell haunts me! Reminds me. Taunts me. Teases me. And brings me back for more.
I love the Bell! Hearing it chime away while fishing there reminds me of being a kid at the cabin for the summer. We could often hear U47 ringing away on a choppy overnight from the cabin as kids… cool how clear sound travels on water.

I received a Rainfall Advisory via the DFO updates. I don’t remember getting one before, however they do tie it into sanitary/contamination, shellfish harvesting. Maybe I just didn’t notice one before.

you gotta keep an auto bilge working all times and a battery topped up... no good walking away and coming back several weeks later thinking all is good ... feel for the guy engine and wiring going to probably all shot .......

you gotta keep an auto bilge working all times and a battery topped up... no good walking away and coming back several weeks later thinking all is good ... feel for the guy engine and wiring going to probably all shot .......
Agreed, not wanting to pile on him but this weather system has to have boat owners on high alert. Bilge pump dependent boats need to monitored.

pulled mine from the slip as it was a waterlogged boat had to cut a hatch and fitted auto bilge but still did not trust it sat in the slip just in case as the above pic is one of my worst fears ..... come spring have got to cut a slot up the floor and pull out most of the waterlogged flotation old foam and get it re sprayed with closed cell.....

pulled mine from the slip as it was a waterlogged boat had to cut a hatch and fitted auto bilge but still did not trust it sat in the slip just in case as the above pic is one of my worst fears ..... come spring have got to cut a slot up the floor and pull out most of the waterlogged flotation old foam and get it re sprayed with closed cell.....
Hey Wildthing! My auto bilge pump (in the Biddison) stopped working a couple weeks ago after the first 2 days of rain we had...lucky I went to check. Water was right up to the pulleys. Always make the effort to check after heavy rains...you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back