2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Makes sense Rob knows all the close spots-a run up early in the morning will give you the best weather and give you a good day of fishing

You might also want to check with someone to verify that the fuel place in the cut-off from Tahsis to Esperanza is still operating. Also Port Eliza or Newtons may have gas.
Esperanza (Bible camp) Fuel dock is still in operation. If you call them on Channel 6 they come down to the dock if no one is there. Port Eliza Lodge does not have enough fuel for sales to the general public, we only have enough for guests. I believe Newton Cove is the same

Anyone have a sense for what the Chinook regs with be for 25/125? Same as last year? I see that area 125 says ”Non-retention until Jul 14 (See Restrictions)”. Isn’t that a day earlier than previous years for the offshore slot limit? And, any word on Coho regs?

Last edited:
Hi Gord, everything is the same as last year in Nootka except they started the closures April 1st.

Same as on the Inside (East side of the Island) April 1st closures are in effect.

PS: I'm so sorry for all the charter operators and others trying to do a business in our business with restrictions like these.

Thanks,

Mike

Anybody have an idea of fuel prices for the upcoming year in Esperanza or Nootka?
I just have to know how much I need to sell my first born male child to cover my fuel bill for the year..o_O
I hear Westview is still at $2.65/liter.
With new boat and the twin 350's , I'm cringing at the thought of my fuel bill.

Anybody have an idea of fuel prices for the upcoming year in Esperanza or Nootka?
I just have to know how much I need to sell my first born male child to cover my fuel bill for the year..o_O
That will be $2500 to fill yikes

Esperanza's prices are typically less than Westview's by as much as $.10/l. Plus there's the "free" ice cream :) Westview is charging $2.55 as of this past Saturday.

Esperanza's prices are typically less than Westview's by as much as $.10/l. Plus there's the "free" ice cream :) Westview is charging $2.55 as of this past Saturday.
I heard Esperanza isn't open. Do you have any updates? Has it opened?

We had a great trip in Nootka on the weekend. Put in the docks, boom sticks and ramp on Saavedra Island.

Prawning was great with mostly Jumbos.

Caught a 20 pound Spring and a few Ling trolling around.

Look forward to this summer.

Codfather

Attachments

• IMG_7482.jpeg
    IMG_7482.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_7480.jpeg
    IMG_7480.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1672.jpeg
    IMG_1672.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 239
I heard Esperanza isn't open. Do you have any updates? Has it opened?
Here is the reply I got from an email query to Esperanza::

Rick Lindholm <rickl@esperanza.ca>​

Tue, Apr 25, 5:52 PM
to me, Esperanza

Good afternoon from Esperanza,

In reply to your request for information regarding marine services here at Esperanza.
  • We do have diesel year around. If you look on our website you would notice that we have been ‘closed’ for a while due to upgrades. Even so we have been available for local sales so as to not leave people in limbo. The notice on the website will change in May.
  • We do have some moorage available. It is uninsured moorage but we would be happy to have you visit depending on the size of the vessel of course. The only other factor is that when we run children’s camps prudence dictates that we don’t have visitors up in the community from the docks…. most everybody is understanding of this.
Hopefully we see you this summer.

Rick Lindholm
Director – Esperanza Ministries

Here is the reply I got from an email query to Esperanza::

Rick Lindholm <rickl@esperanza.ca>​

Tue, Apr 25, 5:52 PM
to me, Esperanza

Good afternoon from Esperanza,

In reply to your request for information regarding marine services here at Esperanza.
  • We do have diesel year around. If you look on our website you would notice that we have been ‘closed’ for a while due to upgrades. Even so we have been available for local sales so as to not leave people in limbo. The notice on the website will change in May.
  • We do have some moorage available. It is uninsured moorage but we would be happy to have you visit depending on the size of the vessel of course. The only other factor is that when we run children’s camps prudence dictates that we don’t have visitors up in the community from the docks…. most everybody is understanding of this.
Hopefully we see you this summer.

Rick Lindholm
Director – Esperanza Ministries
Thanks for the update!. Much appreciated.

Heading to Esperanza Thursday. Any reports from this weekend appreciated. Will report from there if the Wifi holds.

Heading to Esperanza Thursday. Any reports from this weekend appreciated. Will report from there if the Wifi holds.
Had some reports from Ferrer, not much there except some feeders, same for Garden point and inside areas. Some reports of the odd mature fish at Low rock, near the bottom out in 100-130 feet of water,. That might be worthwhile to try. If the weather is good maybe head up toward grassy and Mushroom, there have been some reports of fish up Kyuquot way so maybe that area will hold some fish. Good luck!

Had some reports from Ferrer, not much there except some feeders, same for Garden point and inside areas. Some reports of the odd mature fish at Low rock, near the bottom out in 100-130 feet of water,. That might be worthwhile to try. If the weather is good maybe head up toward grassy and Mushroom, there have been some reports of fish up Kyuquot way so maybe that area will hold some fish. Good luck!
Thanks Robert. I always appreciate your reports and perspective. Will give it a look and report. The winds don’t look great to poke north right now but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back