Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolled entrance from 11:30 till 3:30 was super slow until just after the slack, got three hits in about 10 minutes. Landed three nice coho, two wild one hatchery. I lost a nice spring, missed the hit, setting the other rod, it popped out the clip and was pulling hard. Was fishing 125 on one rod and 160 on the other. I was fishing army truck hoochie and green and white spoon. I came in with one hatchery coho and one wild. Prawns in 400-450 ft.

Trolled entrance from 11:30 till 3:30 was super slow until just after the slack, got three hits in about 10 minutes. Landed three nice coho, two wild one hatchery. I lost a nice spring, missed the hit, setting the other rod, it popped out the clip and was pulling hard. Was fishing 125 on one rod and 160 on the other. I was fishing army truck hoochie and green and white spoon. I came in with one hatchery coho and one wild. Prawns in 400-450 ft.
You came in with a wild coho?

Got out front from 7-9:30 or so this morning, and got into a decent Coho bite. 4 to the boat in about 30 minutes, including two hatchery. Was my first time going out solo in the new boat, and also first time solo in the chuck. By 10am it was getting lumpier than I liked, so abandoned the pursuit of springs and headed in. Good to help me build my frame of reference for water conditions though. All Coho were in about 200 -300 FOW in Horswell Channel, caught at 103 on the rigger with a orange flasher, pink sparkly hooch with a silver skirt.

Got out front from 7-9:30 or so this morning, and got into a decent Coho bite. 4 to the boat in about 30 minutes, including two hatchery. Was my first time going out solo in the new boat, and also first time solo in the chuck. By 10am it was getting lumpier than I liked, so abandoned the pursuit of springs and headed in. Good to help me build my frame of reference for water conditions though. All Coho were in about 200 -300 FOW in Horswell Channel, caught at 103 on the rigger with an orange flasher, pink sparkly hooch with a silver skirt.
Nicely done! I was hoping to get out this afternoon after finishing pouring concrete but it looks lumpy out there.

Got out front from 7-9:30 or so this morning, and got into a decent Coho bite. 4 to the boat in about 30 minutes, including two hatchery. Was my first time going out solo in the new boat, and also first time solo in the chuck. By 10am it was getting lumpier than I liked, so abandoned the pursuit of springs and headed in. Good to help me build my frame of reference for water conditions though. All Coho were in about 200 -300 FOW in Horswell Channel, caught at 103 on the rigger with a orange flasher, pink sparkly hooch with a silver skirt.
I was the guy in the kayak out there this morning. It was a good morning of fishing - though pretty choppy right from 7 AM on, even without wind and near slack tide. Hooked up and netted two wild coho, missed a good hit, and probably could have had more, but it really started to get gnarly around 9:30. I got off the water around then. I was fishing anchovies and shallower - mostly around 40 - 70 ft in 140ft of water. Good day.

Last edited:
I was the guy in the kayak out there this morning. It was a good morning of fishing - though pretty choppy right from 7 AM on, even without wind and near slack tide. Hooked up and netted two wild coho, missed a good hit, and probably could have more before it really started to get gnarly around 9:30. I got off the water around then. I was fishing anchovies and shallower - mostly around 40 - 70 ft in 140ft of water. Good day.
Yeah I was impressed to see you out there.

You guys did better than I did. Went out for the afternoon slack and didn't catch anything worth mentioning. Sighting a couple of porpoises was the most interesting thing that happened.

Spent about six hours out on saturday from about noon onwards. Couldn't find anything bigger than 30 cm :rolleyes:. Probably the most disappointing outing this year for me. Even a couple of usually productive bottom fishing spots turned up nothing more than a few half-hearted takes. Threw just about everything in the box at them.

I'm going to chalk that up to the tide and not my horrible fishing skills.

I hooked a few coho in the afternoon on Saturday. Also landed a parking ticket at Brechin....pricks I was 20 minutes over my time:rolleyes:

Went out Saturday with a buddy, fished Entrance on the afternoon tide, bite turned on pretty steady right on slack. We caught a couple nice wild coho and a couple hatchery, landed a nice spring . We were fishing army truck hoochie and green and white spoon, fished 125-160 on the rigger. Wind picked up around 3:00 3;30, hauled prawn gear and headed in.

Went out Saturday with a buddy, fished Entrance on the afternoon tide, bite turned on pretty steady right on slack. We caught a couple nice wild coho and a couple hatchery, landed a nice spring . We were fishing army truck hoochie and green and white spoon, fished 125-160 on the rigger. Wind picked up around 3:00 3;30, hauled prawn gear and headed in.
Had a lot of shakers, was trolling a peanut almost every time I checked the gear.

I hooked a few coho in the afternoon on Saturday. Also landed a parking ticket at Brechin....pricks I was 20 minutes over my time:rolleyes:
you should just purchase an annual parking pass. I think it’s only $75 and they send you a letter to renew each year. I’ve only used mine a couple times but it’s worth it to not have to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back