Status
Not open for further replies.
We got out last night after work for a couple hours. Sea trailing the new kicker I installed over the weekend. Still breaking it in so was easy on the RPM's and maybe trolling a little slower than normal. Just stuck it out in front of Neck/Piper's for the most part. Pretty slow for us. One shaker at 180, a pink at 70. A little handicapped as my sonar decided to not register the transducer for some reason so was flying blind. Need to sort out what the problem is.
Yeah that’s rough with no sounder

Went out tonight with my niece. Fished 5:30-7:30ish. Mostly stayed near the fingers and the flats beside it. Pretty slow to begin with. Then got a nice random rock cod, lost a good hit, few shakers then got a nice chrome 15lbs spring. Finished off the evening with a few nice wild coho. Most of the action was at 115’ on the riggers and a no bananas spoon. Overall very beautiful night on the water. Our fish was empty but an other springs at the cleaning table had small anchovies or large herring.
Lots of bait on the sounder. Saw a few jumpers.

That is most likely a wrap till the winter. Boat needs some TLC.

Pretty decent morning out there today. Got into the springs in the first 5 minutes with a double header. Released a couple that were just legal and kept these 4. 2 were getting super dark. Good coho action late morning after that early chinook bite died off. Some nice unclipped ones and bonked 2 nice hatch. Crazy bait out there and marked a lot of fish. Hopefully they stick around for a little bit! Hootchies and chovies did the damage today. IMG_3434.jpeg

Pretty decent morning out there today. Got into the springs in the first 5 minutes with a double header. Released a couple that were just legal and kept these 4. 2 were getting super dark. Good coho action late morning after that early chinook bite died off. Some nice unclipped ones and bonked 2 nice hatch. Crazy bait out there and marked a lot of fish. Hopefully they stick around for a little bit! Hootchies and chovies did the damage today. View attachment 97683
Nice! Where do you think these fish were headed?

Another stellar morning of chinook fishing today. Went 4 for 6, all fish on anchovies 130ft down. All action before the tide change. Hootch got a couple hits that didn’t stick. 64, 68, 70 and 87 which weighed out to 23lbs. Empty stomachs again except for the 2 year fish that had a lot of krill in it. The others were mature. Some of the best late season fishing I’ve seen in Nanaimo at this time of the year. Didn’t bother trying for coho in the deep but they are still out in good numbers. Really hoping the rains hold off a bit longer.
IMG_3440.jpegIMG_3439.jpeg

Another stellar morning of chinook fishing today. Went 4 for 6, all fish on anchovies 130ft down. All action before the tide change. Hootch got a couple hits that didn’t stick. 64, 68, 70 and 87 which weighed out to 23lbs. Empty stomachs again except for the 2 year fish that had a lot of krill in it. The others were mature. Some of the best late season fishing I’ve seen in Nanaimo at this time of the year. Didn’t bother trying for coho in the deep but they are still out in good numbers. Really hoping the rains hold off a bit longer.
View attachment 97741View attachment 97742
Nice work!

Well done! How fast were you trolling the chovies?

Nice work. You still fishing out front? I'd assume so since you didn't mention Entrance. I'd agree with the late season fishing; I usually figure a week into Sep at best locally, but this year seems to be holding on.

was out at entrance with a buddy today, got two wild coho a 25 inch red spring a 20lb white and a nice ling cod. Bite was on an hour after afternoon tide.

Attachments

• 71633789202__4E599C62-DCFF-464C-8D3A-AABF4971DF4F.jpeg
    71633789202__4E599C62-DCFF-464C-8D3A-AABF4971DF4F.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 71633402817__A185382F-098B-4449-9771-C10C3FEDCDDA.jpeg
    71633402817__A185382F-098B-4449-9771-C10C3FEDCDDA.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 124
was out at entrance with a buddy today, got two wild coho a 25 inch red spring a 20lb white and a nice ling cod. Bite was on an hour after afternoon tide.
was fishing 125ft on the rigger, got the 20lb’r in 400ft of water was fishing an army truck hoochie and a green and white spoon, got the other fish in 160ft of water 125 on the rigger. Was in Australia for the last couple years, nice to be back on the water!

Picked up this absolute lunker of a coho this morning. Biggest by far this year and couldn’t believe it was hatchery! Hooked it in the side too. Hootch at 140 at fingers. 72cm
View attachment 97907
That’s a nice coho for sure. I was gonna go out this morning I seen some white caps, stayed in and worked on boat. Fishing two rods solo in the chop sucks. Was it alright or pretty lumpy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back