Status
Not open for further replies.
Great fishing out there these this last week - brought in a nice 86cm Spring that was released in excellent condition. The big ones are out there!

For derby weekend, this is the lure to win it:

copperjig.jpg

The secret is to hook up the flasher backwards and troll in 500' at 5mph. See you at the prize table!

Slogged it out in the chop this afternoon till it calmed down and then had a nice evening. Tacked from neck to fingers and back and found 3 nice keeper Chinook, biggest 16.5 and lost 2 other solid Chinook. Released 1 small keeper Chinook, numerous pinks, and undersized Chinook. All substantial fish were on hoochies within 20 feet of bottom whatever depth that was. Saw tons of pinks jumping, seems they will be rolling through for a while.

P.S. - I hope the jackass that pulled my crab traps needed the crabs more than my 8 and 10 year old step sons… they were very upset. Shame.

Slogged it out in the chop this afternoon till it calmed down and then had a nice evening. Tacked from neck to fingers and back and found 3 nice keeper Chinook, biggest 16.5 and lost 2 other solid Chinook. Released 1 small keeper Chinook, numerous pinks, and undersized Chinook. All substantial fish were on hoochies within 20 feet of bottom whatever depth that was. Saw tons of pinks jumping, seems they will be rolling through for a while.

P.S. - I hope the jackass that pulled my crab traps needed the crabs more than my 8 and 10 year old step sons… they were very upset. Shame.
Sorry to hear about the crabs. With how good the crabbing is here it's unfathomable to me that someone would be so callous and/or lazy to take someone's catch. Also assuming someone who would do that wouldn't be the first person to throw back unders and females as well 🙁

I've been away for 3 weeks and would like to put a couple more chinook in the freezer (or on the smoker) before winter. So what do you guys think is the most productive spot at the moment? Fingers or Entrance?
Thanks in advance.

I've been away for 3 weeks and would like to put a couple more chinook in the freezer (or on the smoker) before winter. So what do you guys think is the most productive spot at the moment? Fingers or Entrance?
Thanks in advance.
I was also away three weeks and wanting to put away some smoked-canned for the winter so went out this morning to fingers and got bashed and blown around for a few hours until my wife had had enough. Only one wild coho and a few pinks for the barbe. Released a half dozen beautiful big wild coho and a bunch of pinks but can't say we hooked into any springs. Hootchies and spoons working equally as well.

Hit some more Chinook at fingers from low slack onwards yesterday once the water calmed down a bit. Also had a couple on but rookie crew we had out couldn’t land them on the tack from fingers to neck. Hoochies again. All the Chinook I’ve kept the last 2 days have been mature fish with empty stomachs. I imagine if one had the patience for it with all the pinks around that anchovy would work well.

Out fishing the fingers. Glad to see boat common sense is alive and well. Just saw this a-hole flying an American flag cut dangerously close between the rocks and people fishing while up on plane.

PXL_20230904_195055545.jpg

A few hours at Entrance today produced a couple of 70ish cm springs (One immature; would have been a great fish next year), one pink, two released wild coho, and some undersized. Both springs on 6" plugs after we got tired of releasing the undersized.

Out fishing the fingers. Glad to see boat common sense is alive and well. Just saw this a-hole flying an American flag cut dangerously close between the rocks and people fishing while up on plane.

View attachment 97365
Yeah he past between us and five fingers. Luckily I was able to put my bow into his wake. Felt bad for the sailboat who was jigging, he got tossed around real bad close to shore.

Last edited:
Got out today from 10-2pm with a co-worker and their husband. Started at Clark Rock nothing but a couple shakers. Trolled to the Fingers, bunch more shakers and an 60ish cm spring. Around 12:30pm got 2 hatchery coho and a pink. Green and white hoochie got a couple and herring aid coho killer got one. Finished up with some jigging around snake island. Beautiful day out there. Coho were bright chrome.

I fished yesterday morning until 10am. Lots of pinks at 40 ft, unclipped coho at 60-70, undersized spring at 85.
All on spoons. It worked so I did not switch.
I also tried lingcod and only found small ones.
For supper, my family ate a nice pink on the BBQ. Life is good.

I fished yesterday morning until 10am. Lots of pinks at 40 ft, unclipped coho at 60-70, undersized spring at 85.
All on spoons. It worked so I did not switch.
I also tried lingcod and only found small ones.
For supper, my family ate a nice pink on the BBQ. Life is good.
Awesome. Were you near the fingers? Just going to take my niece this evening

We got out last night after work for a couple hours. Sea trailing the new kicker I installed over the weekend. Still breaking it in so was easy on the RPM's and maybe trolling a little slower than normal. Just stuck it out in front of Neck/Piper's for the most part. Pretty slow for us. One shaker at 180, a pink at 70. A little handicapped as my sonar decided to not register the transducer for some reason so was flying blind. Need to sort out what the problem is.

Fished the evening yesterday. Lost a hog of a spring, killed a stinky pinky and released about 15 undersized springs. Over Entrance way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back