2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough sledding today and apparently yesterday was a struggle as well although I was north. Very little bait showing and not a lot of marks. Big comedown from last week. Coho were willing -springs when found were small or not legal. Waiting for the next push

Fished with the son inlaw at kitty in and around the fleet yest, 20min later easy limit (2) on slot springs , deep was the ticket. Stomachs full of large herring, 1 red and 1 marbled
250 to 280 on the riggers ,not my usual, got out with him and had a blast.
Dragged plug on 1 side and green flasher and hootchie on other.
No coho around for us.
Beauty day on the water, wind came up as expected in afternoon just as we ran back to Comox.
Gotta get me a 2870 Pursuit! 🤪

Attachments

• 20230729_104728.jpg
    20230729_104728.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 20230729_111507.jpg
    20230729_111507.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20230729_132035.jpg
    20230729_132035.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 20230729_104500.jpg
    20230729_104500.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 98
One keeper and released an 83cm and a Tyee Thurs PM. Right on bottom with White Hootchies and Skinny G.
In case anyone missed it seems that area 14-7,14-8,14-9,14-10 and 14-15 are now open for 2 slot size Chinook.

If anyone catches a BIG spring around kitty humps, with my flasher and spoon in it’s mouth… I’d love to know the size of that fish!
Half way up it broke my rod, but I still had the handle and reel… I managed to reel it to the boat and just before netting it, it snapped the line and swam off. From my quick look and feel, it would have been my personal best! 😖

Attachments

• IMG_5799.jpeg
    IMG_5799.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 117
If anyone catches a BIG spring around kitty humps, with my flasher and spoon in it’s mouth… I’d love to know the size of that fish!
Half way up it broke my rod, but I still had the handle and reel… I managed to reel it to the boat and just before netting it, it snapped the line and swam off. From my quick look and feel, it would have been my personal best! 😖
It can be whatever size you want it to be 😉

Away from the armada of boats today (must be trying to get in one more day of fishing before the winds blow up on the weekend), Fish Assassin, Big Bruce and I managed to have a great day of fishing near Kitty. As always, FA was his usual kind and generous self. Landed 8 springs, and took home a 73, 78 and a 79. Black hoochies work so well!

Away from the armada of boats today (must be trying to get in one more day of fishing before the winds blow up on the weekend), Fish Assassin, Big Bruce and I managed to have a great day of fishing near Kitty. As always, FA was his usual kind and generous self. Landed 8 springs, and took home a 73, 78 and a 79. Black hoochies work so well!
Not lights out but pretty steady-my first was over 90 and released. Some pretty nice fish showing-so much so that that slot is a worry-lots are close or just over.

Not lights out but pretty steady-my first was over 90 and released. Some pretty nice fish showing-so much so that that slot is a worry-lots are close or just over.
Tough to let a 90 go. Dropped in at French Creek on my way home and spoke to the creel surveyor there and he reported tons of Coho. Lots of hatchery ones too. Did you run into any red springs?

My brother is coming into town Saturday-Monday, was going to take him to the pink run in Campbell River. I don't think I can strap him on to the back of my kayak 😂, so was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a charter to get him hooked into some springs and coho?

Hi All

Testing some scientific echosounder and camera equipment in the next few days so will be looking for large deep aggregations of Herring. Any tips on recent observations of thick bait layers (with precise location and tide stage if possible) from last few days would be appreciated!!!

Hi All

Testing some scientific echosounder and camera equipment in the next few days so will be looking for large deep aggregations of Herring. Any tips on recent observations of thick bait layers (with precise location and tide stage if possible) from last few days would be appreciated!!!
will you be posting your findings?

Anyone having success in 14-11, point homes area yet?
while i cant comment on the catching with a rod yet, i was out playing on the wingfoil out front of the boat launch today, and the pinks are everywhere, jumping like crazy - and under the you cant make this **** up category, i managed to nearly slice one in half with the foil! I briefly considered going back to get it, but pretty sure DFO would not consider that a valid harvest method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back