Status
Not open for further replies.
Early and alone-beautiful morning -lots of trollers-couple of jiggers-epic morning-bait was around the edges of Wilby-6 to the boat one was way over slot-not even close. 160 and 200 gm flat falls silver and glow bands and a green hologram. Ling was 200 ft of water.
Nice work Mike!

Last 2 days fisheries checking guys at Salmon Point, few guys busted with wild Coho. They borded a few guys boats when they came into the marina and also checked guys on the way out of the parking lot. I'm honestly a bit suprised that so many guys keeping wild Coho.

Sorry guys, not a report but quick Q- bringing the kiddos out around Aug 20 for a trip through Desolation Sound- I believe commercial prawning will be closed by then (if not already), does the catch rate start to pickup again for sporties? Traps have been on my list for a while, just debating whether I should spring for them before this trip or not. Thanks!

Just got back from a great weekend camping in Desolation Sound at Walsh Cove. It took a while to find fish, but we eventually marked a lot of bait and salmon while waiting for some friends to catch up to us in Waddington Channel. It seems weird, but we fished right on the bottom in 250 feet of water in the middle of the channel just north of Walsh Cove. At least half the fish were oversized with one over 100 cm that took me down to my backing. Once I ran out of anchovies, we swapped out to big naked plugs and they worked even better with 6 or 7 doubleheaders. Overall it was some of the best fishing I've ever experienced.

I know it's a ways away from Campbell River, but figured I'd post in case anyone is heading out to Desolation Sound. Happy to share coordinates over DM if that would help anyone.

Seems like fishing has been relatively slow at Wilby and Kitty Coleman. The bait is around, but not many Chinook.

Anyone finding decent numbers of fish in the Campbell River area?

I fished CR this am--bait was not as plentiful as the last week. I tried jigging with an old buddy-he wasn't into it-I hit 3 coho in 5 minutes-so I'm not sure how it would have gone. Trolled-there were some decent coho around but I have to say -we never touched a Spring and I was chasing the bottom. I honestly didn't see anybody catch a fish that looked like a Spring. My feeling is that we need a new push. There were lots of boats and of course I can't see them all but my feeling is much fewer springs than last week

i’m out now: i have a couple springs and released a waaaay over. but it’s been a hard go. not a lot of action for sure

Just returned from Kitty Coleman what an epic day . Got or limit of 3 and released 9 oversize. 2 were at least 35-40 . No cohos but lots of springs.

Good to hear there are Chinook back at Kitty Coleman.

We hit ‘em pretty good at Wilby last night on jigs. A bunch of smaller Chinook and coho north of Fancisco this morning.

Heading to the island today . Hoping to get a day in CR for fishing . Gonna be in Parksville and don’t mind making the drive up with the boat in tow . Never fished the area and if anyone has some pointers or decent areas to target would love to hear from you . Feel free to PM me . Cheers

Heading to the island today . Hoping to get a day in CR for fishing . Gonna be in Parksville and don’t mind making the drive up with the boat in tow . Never fished the area and if anyone has some pointers or decent areas to target would love to hear from you . Feel free to PM me . Cheers
This thread has all the locations you would want, marked up screenshots even.
Scroll up.
Look at the Comox thread too, Kitty Coleman has had some good spring reports recently.

This thread has all the locations you would want, marked up screenshots even.
Scroll up.
Look at the Comox thread too, Kitty Coleman has had some good spring reports recently.
Not sure there is any need to go as far as CR right now. Kitty humps and French Creek humps doing well.

Might make a run up to CR tomorrow as doesn’t look the best conditions in French creek tomorrow for my last outing before heading back to mainland . What’s the best launch around town to hit close to the grounds ? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back