Status
Not open for further replies.
Got of my butt yesterday(wed) and put in at Pacific playground. Aimed for the last of the ebb at the hump off CR. Weather turned fabulous around 11 am. Saw some bait and tried jigging but it was very deep-did manage a good sized flounder-released. Put down the rigger enjoyed the day and pulled up 3- 60's cm fish from 250-all released. a fair bit of bait around but not concentrated. The fishing seemed very slow and having only 1 rigger down I was able to keep turning over the bait but still nothing I was happy with. Gave it up and decided jig. 160gm shimano butterfly at 250ft was the trick-nice 72 cm spring.. Tried for a little longer but the tide had truly turned making jigging difficult Headed home in the sunshine. Great Day!!

Got of my butt yesterday(wed) and put in at Pacific playground. Aimed for the last of the ebb at the hump off CR. Weather turned fabulous around 11 am. Saw some bait and tried jigging but it was very deep-did manage a good sized flounder-released. Put down the rigger enjoyed the day and pulled up 3- 60's cm fish from 250-all released. a fair bit of bait around but not concentrated. The fishing seemed very slow and having only 1 rigger down I was able to keep turning over the bait but still nothing I was happy with. Gave it up and decided jig. 160gm shimano butterfly at 250ft was the trick-nice 72 cm spring.. Tried for a little longer but the tide had truly turned making jigging difficult Headed home in the sunshine. Great Day!!
good job mike! i’m prolly headed out next week.

Got out this morning and decided to try sentry shoal-did well at the hump a few days ago but wondered what else was happening. So in the interests of saving guys time I will tell you up front-waste of time. Little to no bait-certainly no concentration-did not feel fishy-tried jigging-up to 250 feet-tide was okay and hooked up a yellow eye and a quillback- .both released via a baro release. Tried trolling various depths to 270-irish cream, herring aid and no bananas. Absolutely no sign of salmon-tide was half-way thru the ebb. I won't be back until after may1-might try Kitty next or back to the hump if I can get a tide. Good luck

I was out all day Saturday with the same results. So much for having a fresh spring for dinner till July.

we are going to Toba Inlet to fish any help on where we should go to fish for Chinooks would be greatly appreciated?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back