2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful with the Hwy 4 stop. I went through it 6 times last week. The first 5 times was 10-15 minutes or less but the last time was over 1 1/2 hrs and I ended up missing my reservation on the ferry.

I had mentioned the same in the Island Fires thread!; quick going west but 1hr 20m coming back. Fortunately we left a good lead time and didn't miss our boat.

Hwy 4 is closed from 9am till 5 pm Monday to Friday with a 2 hour opening from 11:30-1:30
Slight mod, for planning purposes:
Starting July 17, there will be two closures each weekday. 9am to 11:30am, and 1:30pm to 5pm. Westbound opening from 11:30 to 12:30pm. Eastbound opening from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.

Thanks for the info and thanks admin for allowing it in this thread it’s better than going to the other one “island fires”
I will plan accordingly and travel at night
And fish during the day !

I use the Navionics Boating App on my phone with the $20/year Sonarchart subscription. Very detailed and useful.
Have the same. Maybe not using it right? I see the notes on the map. Ideal situation would be to have raster level substrate. Doesn't exist now (?) but maybe in 5-10 years with the way things are going?

Has anyone fished the hump between Fleming and swale and is it fishy seem to remember someone telling me about it what’s it like for Hali

i will be using the re-route, remember if you are going to bam, take flora !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back