2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked the Cap for a few hours this morning, had the tack to myself at first light for a while with one kayak fisherman. Ran bait mostly near bottom, one small wild coho released and a couple others shook off. Coho jumping here and there as well.
The coho we released was coloured and a bit spotted/patchy, looked like a fish in the river for sure. Most dirty ocean coho I’ve ever seen… maybe it went up and came back down?… the Cap river is pretty damn dry at the moment.

Worked the Cap for a few hours this morning, had the tack to myself at first light for a while with one kayak fisherman. Ran bait mostly near bottom, one small wild coho released and a couple others shook off. Coho jumping here and there as well.
The coho we released was coloured and a bit spotted/patchy, looked like a fish in the river for sure. Most dirty ocean coho I’ve ever seen… maybe it went up and came back down?… the Cap river is pretty damn dry at the moment.
Fish are stuck in the mouth of the low water in most rivers. By the time we get rain, most of them will be dark and ready to spawn or worse won't even make it to the spawning ground. We are enjoying the sun and no rain but is devastating for fish.

Fish are stuck in the mouth of the low water in most rivers. By the time we get rain, most of them will be dark and ready to spawn or worse won't even make it to the spawning ground. We are enjoying the sun and no rain but is devastating for fish.
defintly do need the rain to help the fish make it to their spawning grounds

Definitely wanted to get out with all the terrific weather, yet didn't want to target the migratory fish still stranded in the salt because of no rain. So tried some winter spots and got nothing but two flounder. Couple of weeks too early.

Tunstall Bay had lots of bait in the bottom and in columns, and fish marked on the bottom, but no biters on our two laps between 10:30 and 12:30. Fished from 135' to 220'.

The bell buoy also had lots of bait and some fish (though harder to tell with all the bait clouds), but no biters on our laps between 1 and 2:15. Fished from 120' to 175'.

No matter on the lack of action. Nice to spend some time on the water in the sun with hardly another boat around.

Definitely wanted to get out with all the terrific weather, yet didn't want to target the migratory fish still stranded in the salt because of no rain. So tried some winter spots and got nothing but two flounder. Couple of weeks too early.

Tunstall Bay had lots of bait in the bottom and in columns, and fish marked on the bottom, but no biters on our two laps between 10:30 and 12:30. Fished from 135' to 220'.

The bell buoy also had lots of bait and some fish (though harder to tell with all the bait clouds), but no biters on our laps between 1 and 2:15. Fished from 120' to 175'.

No matter on the lack of action. Nice to spend some time on the water in the sun with hardly another boat around.
In these trying times, it’s nice to read an ethical sportsmans‘ comment. Respect. Like most on this forum. Thanks

i fished the vedder last weekend low levels of water in the canal but the fish r still getting by np

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back