2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is first light/actually being able to see? Please and thank you. I recognize that sunrise is at 7:02am tomorrow.

It depends a lot where you are running out from but last Friday, I was off the docks by 6:10 am from MCM and by the time I was half way across English Bay, it was totally fine at around 6:30. Overcast skies but flat calm and I could see everything in my path.

Fished SH 10-4, managed to land a nice hatchery coho that fought like a bat out of hell on an anchovy at 47’. Had a decent spring on but wrapped itself around the downrigger cable, almost had it in the bag but dummy me decided to attempt to bring it a bit closer with my weight retriever and snapped the leader off 🥺. Tired the sockeye gear but no love. Lots of wild coho were hungee. Most of the hits were heading north. I love the fights they put up! Still a fun day with the wife getting mad at each other with the currents and lines going all over the map. Giving it 1 last go first light tomorrow with the rest of my anchovy’s and herrings.

Fished SH 7-330pm. Riggers at 130 and 99 ft. 3 Dummy dodgers on ball, next line 8 ft up and 25ft. Flasher, small pink hootchie, 24 in leader. Fishing west of lighthouse, 240 to 400fow. Kept 1 hatchery cohoe, 11 Sockeyes. Released 2 wild cohoe.Seems getting a slow troll was the ticket find schools, few and far between. Great for canning. IMG_3283.jpg

Ya. Definitely slower yesterday. I released 2 small nice silver springs and kept one 10 lbs. Lost one sox at boat being too aggressive. I’m fishing Chovy one side and pink squirt the other trying to catch Springs and Sox at same time. Probably not the best strategy but it’s worked most days for each species although the Sox set up catches Springs too.

Fished SH 10-4, managed to land a nice hatchery coho that fought like a bat out of hell on an anchovy at 47’. Had a decent spring on but wrapped itself around the downrigger cable, almost had it in the bag but dummy me decided to attempt to bring it a bit closer with my weight retriever and snapped the leader off 🥺. Tired the sockeye gear but no love. Lots of wild coho were hungee. Most of the hits were heading north. I love the fights they put up! Still a fun day with the wife getting mad at each other with the currents and lines going all over the map. Giving it 1 last go first light tomorrow with the rest of my anchovy’s and herrings.

way better when the wife is getting mad at you in the boat, vs back at home with the kids! nice one

Ended with just the one hatchery coho, let two really nice wild coho go. Didn't mark many fish on the sounder.

Springs must have moved up river. Might try one last go on Friday after the rain flushes everything up river...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back