2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So awesome to hear all the madness out there. Glad guys and gals are getting into the meat show. We are heading to granite falls for the weekend first overnighter on the Grady with the family and little Charlie (10mths) unfortunately with the timing of leaving and such we won’t be able to fish the SH or T10 till the way home Sunday :(
What’s the action been like around point Atkinson/ambleside? I’m thinking that’s where will go on Saturday to do some fishing

Thanks and have a great weekend
tight lines
Tom
#onefishthufish
Picked up a nice hatchery ho on the flood at the cap before all the people who limited on chinook showed up. Not many nets out. Wee gee and twisted sista, 55’

Beauty morning, flat calm. 6:30–10:30, 5 springs and a hatch coho, 3 of them in the teens, a mix of red and white. Chovies at 50-65 was best. North of the pack at SH in 130-180’ of water. I also find it best trolling slow around 2mph. Lost a double header at the end… rookie net job by me on the first one, then don’t even ask about the other one. Brutal. Woulda felt really dumb if the box wasn’t already full… but great day anyways.
Looks just like a text message I got from my fishing buddy this morning !!

Seemed slower off sandheads today. My 7 year old tried to reel in this 20 pounder, got his knuckles beat up a bit. First salmon in the boat for him. Been sealed twice poor kid. Anyway 4 red springs, 5 hr fish, beaty day! Lots of smalls. Few sockeye released.

Attachments

• 20220902_164701.jpg
    20220902_164701.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 173
We had super hot fishing on the east side of the Central straits all through spring around jervis and right into late July. Now that we are back in town, this Fraser fishery and finally the battle grounds of the cap are just icing on the already awesome cake. Get out and snap it up!

Day 2 and curious to whats going on the other side of the BB and North of the SRKW zone, resisted the call to T10 and SH. We can see all the fun happening there in these reports! Pushed off and wanted to check out Cowans on the way out as the word was it was hot the past bit before the whales came in earlier this week. A couple of passes between Cowan’s point and the houses hit 3 shakers in 30 minutes. Tide brought in and surrounded us with a huge amount of surface bait that felt like sitting in a deep fryer. Seen enough and picked up the lines and headed to the Bell Bouy for the second day to see what was happening on the QA side and North of the SRKW. Dropped the lines in well North of the Bell Bouy and wanted to stealth in with the lines down. Hit a Dog and a shaker before we get there. So much for that plan. Try again and at 33 feet in 280 feet of water an angry 67 cm snub nosed pea head with the underbite jaw hits the anchovy in a glow eye of the tiger teaser. 8:30 and still not technically at the Bell Buoy. Fished between the BB on the QA marker side to North of the SRKW for the next couple of hours. Only dogs and shakers but it was active. Started the troll back across the harbour towards Atkinson thinking I’m not going to get my second but everything and everyone was beautiful today so no biggie. Hit 2 very silver sockeye with blue green backs in the middle of the harbour at 33 feet on bait. Maybe the late run are super late this year? Very quick boat side releases. Reached PA and decided to work between the point and the first freighter until 12:00. Ten minutes before the closing bell a 78 cm took a bloody nosed glow teaser at 58 feet in 150 feet of water. Last fish had the goofy looking snarl face and spotting on the back of a Vedder chinook. It was a white buck with 2 x 10 count sized chovies wrapped in live nematodes in it’s stomach. It’s headed to freezer, smoker, canner, pantry for the zombie apocalypse. 1DED250D-26FE-4483-A5C8-0BE782C7A93C.jpeg1DED250D-26FE-4483-A5C8-0BE782C7A93C.jpeg7BB8F80A-7977-499E-BFCF-B4B4C53E861D.jpeg10D74D45-A580-4476-B2E0-5DCC037CAC94.jpegThe morning pea head was a red like yesterday but a male. Fished only bait as only 2 anchovies were used yesterday. The reds look super fatty. 2 days 4 chinook 6 hours of fishing. Love city fishing as short term therapy but back to reality until September 26th for a troll with the brother in law for his b-day. Good luck to the weekend fishers!

Decent day. Out at 5:00, home by 8:00.

Attachments

• 832DF2B7-0D8C-4BC6-9C6F-F30B8DE7FB37.jpeg
    832DF2B7-0D8C-4BC6-9C6F-F30B8DE7FB37.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 0BD6F8A9-29A2-4C80-B0F9-C3E7A0955E43.jpeg
    0BD6F8A9-29A2-4C80-B0F9-C3E7A0955E43.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 185
Day 2 and curious to whats going on the other side of the BB and North of the SRKW zone, resisted the call to T10 and SH. We can see all the fun happening there in these reports! Pushed off and wanted to check out Cowans on the way out as the word was it was hot the past bit before the whales came in earlier this week. A couple of passes between Cowan’s point and the houses hit 3 shakers in 30 minutes. Tide brought in and surrounded us with a huge amount of surface bait that felt like sitting in a deep fryer. Seen enough and picked up the lines and headed to the Bell Bouy for the second day to see what was happening on the QA side and North of the SRKW. Dropped the lines in well North of the Bell Bouy and wanted to stealth in with the lines down. Hit a Dog and a shaker before we get there. So much for that plan. Try again and at 33 feet in 280 feet of water an angry 67 cm snub nosed pea head with the underbite jaw hits the anchovy in a glow eye of the tiger teaser. 8:30 and still not technically at the Bell Buoy. Fished between the BB on the QA marker side to North of the SRKW for the next couple of hours. Only dogs and shakers but it was active. Started the troll back across the harbour towards Atkinson thinking I’m not going to get my second but everything and everyone was beautiful today so no biggie. Hit 2 very silver sockeye with blue green backs in the middle of the harbour at 33 feet on bait. Maybe the late run are super late this year? Very quick boat side releases. Reached PA and decided to work between the point and the first freighter until 12:00. Ten minutes before the closing bell a 78 cm took a bloody nosed glow teaser at 58 feet in 150 feet of water. Last fish had the goofy looking snarl face and spotting on the back of a Vedder chinook. It was a white buck with 2 x 10 count sized chovies wrapped in live nematodes in it’s stomach. It’s headed to freezer, smoker, canner, pantry for the zombie apocalypse. View attachment 84507View attachment 84507View attachment 84508View attachment 84509The morning pea head was a red like yesterday but a male. Fished only bait as only 2 anchovies were used yesterday. The reds look super fatty. 2 days 4 chinook 6 hours of fishing. Love city fishing as short term therapy but back to reality until September 26th for a troll with the brother in law for his b-day. Good luck to the weekend fishers!
Fantastic report!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back