2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious why there aren’t more people fishing deep? Are all the reports shallow because they are fishing the shoal at SH.. or do these deep guys not chase the bait?
I got my nicer fish at 70 feet, all my other action was around 40 feet. I would have dropped one deeper if I hadn't limited out on Chinook.

3 reds, 3 marbled, one f***ing seal that took a freight train of a fish. Most action was before 9, then we had a work a little harder. The herring really has been our best producer of bigger fish. All of ours were in the 15-20 class again today. 40-80 on the riggers. Dead slow.

3 reds, 3 marbled, one f***ing seal that took a freight train of a fish. Most action was before 9, then we had a work a little harder. The herring really has been our best producer of bigger fish. All of ours were in the 15-20 class again today. 40-80 on the riggers. Dead slow.
Less than 2 mph?

Beauty morning, flat calm. 6:30–10:30, 5 springs and a hatch coho, 3 of them in the teens, a mix of red and white. Chovies at 50-65 was best. North of the pack at SH in 130-180’ of water. I also find it best trolling slow around 2mph. Lost a double header at the end… rookie net job by me on the first one, then don’t even ask about the other one. Brutal. Woulda felt really dumb if the box wasn’t already full… but great day anyways.

Attachments

• BC430FA0-C7B0-4FAD-9FDF-57EB78A1167B.jpeg
    BC430FA0-C7B0-4FAD-9FDF-57EB78A1167B.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 166
Curious why there aren’t more people fishing deep? Are all the reports shallow because they are fishing the shoal at SH.. or do these deep guys not chase the bait?

These fish are out there acclimating to the fresh water , they are typically in the top layer of fresh water . Sure there is some deeper but it’s usually not needed

Beauty morning, flat calm. 6:30–10:30, 5 springs and a hatch coho, 3 of them in the teens, a mix of red and white. Chovies at 50-65 was best. North of the pack at SH in 130-180’ of water. I also find it best trolling slow around 2mph. Lost a double header at the end… rookie net job by me on the first one, then don’t even ask about the other one. Brutal. Woulda felt really dumb if the box wasn’t already full… but great day anyways.
Thought that was you. You found me!! Lol.

Nice little video clip of you battling a runner on reeltimes Instagram page RC. Looks awesome.

Are ya’ll fishing with barbs or something? I must be cursed, 5th bite that didn’t stick in a row. 1 in the box, but really having to work for the 2nd one.

Are ya’ll fishing with barbs or something? I must be cursed, 5th bite that didn’t stick in a row. 1 in the box, but really having to work for the 2nd one.

Had a bunch the were great hits but by the time I got the rod off the rigger and reeled down on then they were gone. A couple turned out to be sockeye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back