2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advisories (In effect)​

Marine weather advisory in effect​

Strait of Georgia​

Issued 00:53 AM PDT 19 August 2022Potential for thunderstorms and strong to gale force outflow winds

Timeframe: Friday morning through early Friday afternoon.

Threats: Risk of thunderstorms. Gale force outflow winds exiting mainland inlets.

Locations: Strait of Georgia and areas in the vicinity of the mainland inlets.

Remarks: An upper level disturbance is forecast to cross the south coast on Friday morning. This disturbance will carry the risk of thunderstorms, capable of producing gusty winds for waters of the inner south coast. As this system moves inland, there is potential for the development of gale force outflow winds exiting mainland inlets and pushing across the Strait.

At this time, confidence in the occurrence of this event is low, however it would be advisable for the marine community to be prepared in the event that this scenario takes place.

Anyone out in the strait that can give me a quick weather report? Plan to cross from north arm to galiano soon and getting mixed reviews via windy, big wave, and others. Says it’s supposed to die down late morning but wondering if it’s nice out there now or not. Thx.

It's about 1' off roberts creek, halibut bank shows the same on the live charts.

Anyone out in the strait that can give me a quick weather report? Plan to cross from north arm to galiano soon and getting mixed reviews via windy, big wave, and others. Says it’s supposed to die down late morning but wondering if it’s nice out there now or not. Thx.
Should settle down early afternoon after the flood nw and flood not ideal also planning my escape.

Thx to all. Very mixed reports, forecasts and real time updates from people on the water which makes things difficult to assess at times, especially when a newborn and 2 yr old are involved . Live weather cams all over the place would be ideal but I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.

Hope to add a report here soon

Thx to all. Very mixed reports, forecasts and real time updates from people on the water which makes things difficult to assess at times, especially when a newborn and 2 yr old are involved . Live weather cams all over the place would be ideal but I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.

Hope to add a report here soon
It just blew up. Lightning too

If you are asking about the dog, last time he was at the vet, weighed in at 110. He’s more solid now, must be a bit more. But he’s fast for his size, one of his favourite hobbies is chasing flies, and he’s good at it
I have the yellow version of your hound,he was 109 at his last vet visit,i call him the gazellephant,very quick for his size and weight!!! Lol

Orcas just dropped in off pr Atkinson. And rain. I feel like the priest from caddyshack except for no fish. Haha

Orcas just dropped in off pr Atkinson. And rain. I feel like the priest from caddyshack except for no fish. Haha
If anyone knows where the nooks would be, it would them. Gives me confidence to keep trying around there. Hopefully when the whales are gone.

Hey I'm supposed to take my boat from Cates Park to Point roberts today. Leaving cates at roughly 300 pm. I've been hearing about a thunderstorm. Is it over? Is this a poor decision?. If I go I might do some fishing on route.

Hey I'm supposed to take my boat from Cates Park to Point roberts today. Leaving cates at roughly 300 pm. I've been hearing about a thunderstorm. Is it over? Is this a poor decision?. If I go I might do some fishing on route.

All clear from where I am off Caulfield. Nice an calm too. And muggy af.

Things look great on the sounder. No friendly fire tho.
No kidding, sounder looks very promising but then reality steps in. that must’ve been your boat I saw half an hour ago in front of the house with the white tarp by point Atkinson at the honey hole.435DD0DB-33F8-40B9-90F8-95ABC828C4AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Was going to go out today after work, got all gear ready, went to the underground parking and found that my two fuel tanks full of premium fuel were stolen overnight. I filled up everything yesterday and mixed gas with oil. Now instead of enjoying fishing waiting for police ((
Looking out from Whiterock this morning all I can see is boats from Point Roberts to Blaine would they have an opening for sockeye?

First coho in the box early this morning. 19”. Between the yellow marker buoy and the pink apartment. white Hoochie with a single hook and short 50 pound test leader so the flasher gives it spastic action. Similar to what Rain City showed last week that he was having success with. I happened to have one in my box already set up the same way. I did have it in the glow cup for a few minutes before I set it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back