2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh these regs - so fun. As I'm sure most fishers here know, the FishingBC app loads the latest DFO updates when you launch the app. I just opened it at 6:30pm tonight. You obviously must select the correct regulations area, and look in the proper sub area regulation descriptions. Areas 29-3, 29-4, 29-5, and 29-8 (see map) clearly show a chinook slot limit of 1 per day between 62cm to 80cm (see attached pic). If this app truly loads the latest updates (as it says it does), shouldn't this logically override any previous bulletins? Seems common sense to me...

Agreed... if I didn't know better (truthfully I am not sure what I know lol) it looks like these areas are OPEN! Somebody please help me understand why these areas are not open??? If the DFO website states open for 62-80cm how are we to know any different. If I wasn't on this forum I would think it is open.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-112355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817-112355_Chrome.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20220817-112343_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817-112343_Chrome.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 33
Agreed... if I didn't know better (truthfully I am not sure what I know lol) it looks like these areas are OPEN! Somebody please help me understand why these areas are not open??? If the DFO website states open for 62-80cm how are we to know any different. If I wasn't on this forum I would think it is open.
ha ha ha....same **** different year. I'm laughing at the reg confusion, not you. It's insane. There are a few smart people on this website. And no-one is clear on the regs...I'm back Sept 20 from Spain. Save me a few....

Website for me (Computer and Android phone) has "See Restrictions" next to the open.

Not easy when a portion of an area is open/closed. This is what I see in Fishing BC App (first row is Open and Second is Closed):

Screenshot_20220817-114706_FishingBC.jpg
Wonder if the "use my location" works in this scenario (wouldn't hold my breath).

Last edited:
Not easy when a portion of an area is open/closed. This is what I see (first row is Open and Second is Closed):

View attachment 83715
Wonder if the "use my location" works in this scenario (wouldn't hold my breath).
So this jpeg is accurate. Hope so cuz I plan on heading that way soon. Thanks

Attachments

• Howe_Sound_and_Burrard_Inlet_Chinook_closure.jpeg
    Howe_Sound_and_Burrard_Inlet_Chinook_closure.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 118
I believe the Bell Bouy is Q62? in which that bouy and the QA are both inside of the no fish zone if I remember correctly

Fished yesterday from Cowen to Gower starting at noon. Not a sniff. Fished pink appartments to pt Atkinson Monday evening. Not a sniff. Spoons and hootchies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back