2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a dozen boats trolling SH now… after 23 calls I finally got DFO on the line. Said they’re sending a boat but who knows. Frustrating to see. FN netting the river on inside of break wall too in multiple spots.

Update: just passed fisheries boat heading out in river, hope they nail the bastards

Last edited:
Must be a dozen boats trolling SH now… after 23 calls I finally got DFO on the line. Said they’re sending a boat but who knows. Frustrating to see. FN netting the river on inside of break wall too in multiple spots.

Update: just passed fisheries boat heading out in river, hope they nail the bastards

For what? They can fish for coho

Well that fishery is ridiculous. We just hammered 70-75cm fish all morning. Two shakers and one dog. Picked up a ling and a nice vermillion too. Could have filled ten licenses. One on a spoon but quickly switched over to glow white hootch with that little bit of glow green and a white crinkly insert w/ 30" leader on a lemon line flasher clipped 8-10 feet back. Played with depths but 181 was the winner in all depths. I was away from the 27 boats that all decided to follow the guides around closer to entrance. What a day.VideoCapture_20220814-151616.jpg20220814_075812.jpg

Edit... @Reeltime knew I would do this apparently so he took a picture for me. IMG_29291.jpg

Last edited:
Does your hootchie come with single hook or do you modify?
I only buy the packs without hooks and rig them this way. I generally use 3/0 for everything. Bead, bead chain, hook. Lots of Herring juice. I put that $hit on everything. Marco is on his way to buy some now lol.

For what? They can fish for coho

Slowed down on our way in and watched one boat net a Chinook and proceed to reset gear while it was in the net. Unless that’s their idea of C&R. All 10-12 boats were fishing very tight to green can so I’m sure they weren’t the only ones. Gave description to dfo. Be nice to see them out there checking at the very least!

Buzzing over to other side. Beauty morning. 1 boat out trolling SH. Bold move.(avid angler program perhaps) @Rain City should have a report before me as he buzzed across in the dark in his undies.
avid angler run green flags they run i would say that boat is probably part of the avid angler if he was flying one

what is the panic area 29-3,4,5 open Aug 1-31 for 1 spring 62-80 cm

Well that fishery is ridiculous. We just hammered 70-75cm fish all morning. Two shakers and one dog. Picked up a ling and a nice vermillion too. Could have filled ten licenses. One on a spoon but quickly switched over to glow white hootch with that little bit of glow green and a white crinkly insert w/ 30" leader on a lemon line flasher clipped 8-10 feet back. Played with depths but 181 was the winner in all depths. I was away from the 27 boats that all decided to follow the guides around closer to entrance. What a day.View attachment 83551View attachment 83552

Edit... @Reeltime knew I would do this apparently so he took a picture for me. View attachment 83550

Went to troll west van mouth of the capilano yesterday am 8-11. Four hits, sealed once, nephew lost one, landed two - one hatchery coho one wild. Hits on anchovy and white hoochy.

A couple of us had to rescue a guy in a tiny little rowboat (not fishing) that took on water and was quickly submerged. Apart from a cellphone, didn’t look like he had any safety gear whatsoever, life jacket included. He’s lucky there were other people right there.

Attachments

• 0D0D7F45-9C60-418F-B795-3372DB7A1357.jpeg
    0D0D7F45-9C60-418F-B795-3372DB7A1357.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 175
the fishingBC App updated from fisheries and oceans Canada has area 29-3,4,5 open Aug 1-31 for 1 spring a day 62-80 cm
I received that from a few friends as well. Apparently though, you have to dig deeper into the regsasphere and find the worst possible scenario and stick with that. Maybe a protest fish is in order. But after hearing what @hippaisland said about DFOs repsonse it doesn't seem like they care either way.

Why would you do that? You can fish there just no Chinook retention. Why would you want to throw a wrench in someone's day? I'd say mind your own

the fishingBC App updated from fisheries and oceans Canada has area 29-3,4,5 open Aug 1-31 for 1 spring a day 62-80 cm

As suggested, from the DFO site, if you keep digging, you will see the text (shown below) describing the Strait of Georgia Chinook closure in 29 3-4-5.

When you open the map associated with that restriction notice (shown below) it shows what areas are currently open and what areas are closed until Aug 31st.

Present - Aug 31st, no fishing for Chinook in the blue lined areas. (this is not a Highwater map, this is DFO)

Screenshot 2022-08-15 093704.png

Screenshot 2022-08-15 093555.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back