2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PNT shows size 8 on their website, I suppose those are herring only due to the smallish hook?
When I was getting sabiki I didn't have any clue about sizes. I was going to target anchovy. Never got a single anchovy though. However works great for herring. And herring works great for chinook! So getting ready for Sep 1 LoL.

Finally got out on the water today. Great boating conditions - MillTown to Thrasher in 50 minutes in a 22' Arima. 35 minute crossing coming back.
Fished a variety of lures and depths from 8 till 2 - from north of Thrasher, to bottom of the hook, then all the way up to The Grande and back to CArlos Island. Only caught 8 undersize. All released in the water at the boat. Was nice day for a boat ride - felt like a week away from the office :):)

Pretty much the exact same report as Morty. Left Milltown around 7 yesterday morning. Fishing by 8 at Thrasher. Released many small ones and I think 1 sockeye even! Had 1 serious hit that didn't stick unfortunately. Only saw 1 net out the whole time. Talked to some people in a Duckworth and asked him how his day was salmon fishing as we were both jogging for lings at this point. He did say he had 1 big one.
Got some fuel in silva Bay and headed home.
Truly a spectacular day out there yesterday!

Hit west van for a 3 hours today in the pm, shook hands with a wild green back coho that just absolutely hammered our gear. Popped the pin and just screamed line… for about 3 seconds, then it remember it was only 8lbs. Great afternoon on the water!
Nice off ambleside?

Slot limit Max Chinook just landed at Point Atkinson. Going with the current. That white glow flash fly I had it in the water for half a minute and something decided that it needed to be attacked. The fish are jumping today, I’m guessing coho but right at the surface.

There is discrepancy between the Area 28 and Area 29 Strait of Georgia Chinook Closure maps in sub-area 28-9.
Here is area 28's map:
1660347316870.png

and here is the same map from area 29.
1660347418325.png

Is chinook fishing open or closed in 28-9?

There is discrepancy between the Area 28 and Area 29 Strait of Georgia Chinook Closure maps in sub-area 28-9.
Here is area 28's map:
1660347316870.png

and here is the same map from area 29.
1660347418325.png

Is chinook fishing open or closed in 28-9?

I thought 28-9 opens tomorrow, however that was off one of those nice pac angler maps awhile back, not official

Maybe that's the issue. I guess I'll check back tomorrow. Strange the two maps are out of sync.
FN0774:
Subarea 28-9
- Currently in effect to 23:59 hours August 12, 2022: No fishing for Chinook;
- 00:01 hours August 13 to 23:59 hours August 31, 2022, the daily limit for Chinook salmon is one(1) per day.

FN0774:
Subarea 28-9
- Currently in effect to 23:59 hours August 12, 2022: No fishing for Chinook;
- 00:01 hours August 13 to 23:59 hours August 31, 2022, the daily limit for Chinook salmon is one(1) per day.
No max 80cm size limit in 28-9 also when it opens tomorrow, that’s how I read it. (Slot size still applies everywhere else til Aug 31)

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. Glad I asked
Refer to the actual FN, or DFO website, however, from the Pacific Angler report just now:

Remember that chinook open up from Point Atkinson to the Cap Mouth (Area 28-6 and 28-9) for 1 a day from 62-80 cm as of August 13, so this Saturday morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back