2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bairdi, opilio, tanner , snow crab, all same name for two species ones just a bit bigger than the other , show up randomly in peoples pots all along the south coast, lots of the time hitchhiking on top like shown as they can’t fit in. Tasty
Next one is gonna end up on the table steamed...never knew all the other names

Someone from an FB group just posted that he heard from a tug that the North Arm was all jammed up with logs that broke free from the jetty today. Was anyone out this afternoon in the north arm and can share how bad it was? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-170045_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-170045_Facebook.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 100
Someone from an FB group just posted that he heard from a tug that the North Arm was all jammed up with logs that broke free from the jetty today. Was anyone out this afternoon in the north arm and can share how bad it was? Thanks in advance.
sounds brutal

I wouldn’t risk it. If your boat is trailerable, try other launches within the vicinity. If not, there’s always another day.

Bring some costco seaweed wraps, soy and wasabi with some seasoned sushi rice, man you cant beat it fresh, prawn has a crunch and sweetness to it right out of the water ...
i let this big guy go..
Happy New Year!! everyone had a busy house non stop cooking, all the kids came home for the holidays almost emptied my freezer lol, ready to slay!!
View attachment 73603View attachment 73604
View attachment 73607
man you know how to do it right.

Got out by myself this morning after a bit of work clearing some ice from the boat and ensuring safety.

Got into 8 undersized before landing a keeper between the freighters and the Bell.

Just needed the one for dinner so headed back in soon afterwards.

I good buddy of mine once said "Catch your limit, but limit your catch" and I agree wholeheartedly.

5 more to catch on my license prior to April renewal, I'm pretty sure I'll get em.

Also, I was fishing Westcoast Fishing Tackle spoons on both sides.

I was too lazy to put the traps out, maybe next time.

Got out by myself this morning after a bit of work clearing some ice from the boat and ensuring safety.

Got into 8 undersized before landing a keeper between the freighters and the Bell.

Just needed the one for dinner so headed back in soon afterwards.

I good buddy of mine once said "Catch your limit, but limit your catch" and I agree wholeheartedly.

5 more to catch on my license prior to April renewal, I'm pretty sure I'll get em.

Also, I was fishing Westcoast Fishing Tackle spoons on both sides.

I was too lazy to put the traps out, maybe next time.
Damn I didn’t even get a sniff around the freighters today great job!

Me too. Couldn’t get out today but wife wanted to go for a walk by Jericho for a bit around noon. From where I was could see 4 boats out in what looked like a lake. My wife was talking a lot. I kept nodding my head but really have no idea what she was saying.
Been there before when walking at the West Van Seawall a few summers ago. Kept nodding like a sheep and ended up buying here a MacBook! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back