2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At HITW with ~10 other boats. Some fish around. Brought in 5 undersized. Lost a few more. One nice hatchery keeper ~12 lbs.

(Had to put down the phone just now to bring in another undersized.)

Doesn’t seem like the fish are schooled anywhere or off structure or current. Just kind of spread out between 70-120’.

927EDF63-C043-41C8-931A-1CBEFEE780DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Just under #5 off bowen. All around 90 to 100, all good fights. One may have been close but I'm not here for close haha. Gently released, nets involved.

Oh ya, all on skinny gs and all when the boat was barely moving. I've been messing around with hull speed and all action was with a 15 degree downrigger line.

Last edited:
Just the 1 barely keeper and 2 unders, for 6 hours of work at the Bell. Been trying out this Holy Roller spoon, made by Peetz I think. Seems to work well. Got my other one last week on it too. Rolls just like a chovy in a teaser head.

Attachments

• 2776AB7C-A69E-4C33-8586-4892F4A72D5E.jpeg
    2776AB7C-A69E-4C33-8586-4892F4A72D5E.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 131
Was at horseshoe bay today , not fishing . Watched three guide boats come in , predator, firstfish, and Mongoose Striker .
Predator and First Fish both had a handful , Mongoose Striker looks like a big old goose egg! ( not my favourite guy )

Just signed up so I thought I would share. Launched In kits. Shallow water but I don't need much water for my boat. Dropped the crab traps by the last red marker on the way out. Passed many floats and just kind of got in line... Kind of like fishing the top of the run and walking down so you don't frustrate people on the river. There was a lot of traps. Put the riggers down and 10 minutes playing a fish. 24 inches. My tape measure did not have centimeters so had to convert. Back it went. Caught two more smaller ones that made my line release and got a sun burn. No crabs. Crabbing is way better at Barnett Marine Park. Great day for a new adventure!

Fished with the other 25 boats at the bell today, while it was a beauty of a day it was slow. Two unders to the boat one of which was juuuusssst under. Seemed like lots of bait at a range of depths just north much bite. At least we came home with 4 crabs for the day. The time crunch is on to get a keeper

did a sneaky 2hr fish at the bell from 1-3pm and, as others stated, it was slow. Not even a sniff for us. Tried in tight at 110' to start and then worked out to 200'. Marked some bait but they didn't like what we were throwing down (needlefish hootch and skinny g)... which they really seemed to like just a few days ago. Only highlight of the short trip was that my deckhand came prepared with a couple triple O's which were demolished by the time we reach the fishing grounds. Will try to sneak out one last time before friday closure I guess as the freezer isn't exactly stacked with salmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back