Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 45 minutes and another spot to learn solo. My family that's here now prefers flat water and hour and a half afternoon fishing sessions. I might try and sneak out one morning solo and see how it goes. So where are these Wya and Flo spots located? :)

It's 45 minutes and another spot to learn solo. My family that's here now prefers flat water and hour and a half afternoon fishing sessions. I might try and sneak out one morning solo and see how it goes. So where are these Wya and Flo spots located? :)
If I had a map I'd send it but the best I can explain it is just after you pass the inlet to Ukee there's red can,and the lighthouse about a mile up from there is wya,wich you can't miss cause lots of guys fish it,and about another half mile up is Florencia wich is a small island depths ,are about 99-125@red can,and 57 -78 @ wya and Flo,I hope you are able to make it Rain ,its been on fire

If I had a map I'd send it but the best I can explain it is just after you pass the inlet to Ukee there's red can,and the lighthouse about a mile up from there is wya,wich you can't miss cause lots of guys fish it,and about another half mile up is Florencia wich is a small island depths ,are about 99-125@red can,and 57 -78 @ wya and Flo,I hope you are able to make it Rain ,its been on fire
Thanks man I appreciate it. I need to try, it's been pretty sad over here. I'm tired of killing babies so I can hopefully keep a 6 lb fish which is 1/20

On the first map.
#1 is Flo, #2 is Wya, #3 Amphite, #4 the Red Can.

On the second map gives you an idea of how far to the Red Can of course that’s a straight line but gives you an idea

52241058881_a277f2708d_c.jpg
[/url]

52241058836_33b1858926_c.jpg

Sometimes RC in order to get big fish you have to target big fish. This means getting out of the mainstream areas and get in the holes. Dig them out of those back eddies and kelp beds. Those big fish aren’t dumb either, nothing trophy is. Many aren’t going to agree with me on this next statement but doesn’t matter to me. Ditch the hardware give them what they eat, give them some meat and pay attention the the details again nothing trophy is dumb.

Your either after quantity or quality sometimes it’s hard to have both. Many time we get lucky and get the quality while doing the easy stuff and chasing the numbers but it’s generally not the case.

On the first map.

On the second map gives you an idea of how far to the Red Can of course that’s a straight line but gives you an idea

[/url]

Sometimes RC in order to get big fish you have to target big fish. This means getting out of the mainstream areas and get in the holes. Dig them out of those back eddies and kelp beds. Those big fish aren’t dumb either, nothing trophy is. Many aren’t going to agree with me on this next statement but doesn’t matter to me. Ditch the hardware give them what they eat, give them some meat and pay attention the the details again nothing trophy is dumb.

Your either after quantity or quality sometimes it’s hard to have both. Many time we get lucky and get the quality while doing the easy stuff and chasing the numbers but it’s generally not the case.
Love it. Thanks man.

Was out trolling with a couple visitors along the shoreline by Mussel Beach from 4pm to 6pm tonight. One keeper Spring and 4 nice coho. A few shakers in the mix. Was using coho killer in cop car pattern and a white glow hoochie with wiggle bill. Hoochie seemed to have more action from the coho. 80 to 110 ft down. Amazing weather today.

Attachments

• 20220725_193215.jpg
    20220725_193215.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 90
Signing off from Ukee...last day was a little slow but we boxed a few springs and some cohies,and even got a bonus ling on the troll. Love this amazing place and all my good friend has shared with me,can't wait for the next time,I am definitely towing Unexpected here soon,Amazing experience great weather and some of the most fun I've had with a group of people!!!20220725_120426.jpg20220725_121905.jpg

Attachments

• 20220725_120430.jpg
    20220725_120430.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 58
On the first map.

[/url]

Dude. You were so right. I only got to spend about an hour and a half over there this morning. After picking up a couple Hali I ripped over. I noticed the pack of boats fishing out deep. I joined in to set the gear up and get my bearings. It's an intimidating spot for an inside guy like myself. Got one ok sized coho right away but then it dried up. Decided to make my way into the scary rocks. Cut inside and fished against the wall in 60 FOW. 45 on the rigger with a glow white hoochie and a chartreuse flasher clipped waaaaay back about 30 feet. Got a hog of a coho and then on my last pass got a beauty spring. Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement. Same goes to everyone that messaged me the past two days. So much love on here. Tomorrow is a chill day with the family and then I make the treck home. I can't wait to come back.20220726_120927.jpg

Last edited:
Signing off from Ukee...last day was a little slow but we boxed a few springs and some cohies,and even got a bonus ling on the troll. Love this amazing place and all my good friend has shared with me,can't wait for the next time,I am definitely towing Unexpected here soon,Amazing experience great weather and some of the most fun I've had with a group of people!!!View attachment 82842View attachment 82845
That would be me in the back ground.

Dude. You were so right. I only got to spend about an hour and a half over there this morning. After picking up a couple Hali I ripped over. I noticed the pack of boats fishing out deep. I joined in to set the gear up and get my bearings. It's an intimidating spot for an inside guy like myself. Got one ok sized coho right away but then it dried up. Decided to make my way into the scary rocks. Cut inside and fished against the wall in 60 FOW. 45 on the rigger with a glow white hoochie and a chartreuse flasher clipped waaaaay back about 30 feet. Got a hog of a coho and then on my last pass got a beauty spring. Thanks so much for the advise and encouragement. Same goes to everyone that messaged me the past two days. So much love on here. Tomorrow is a chill day with the family and then I make the treck home. I can't wait to come back.View attachment 82884
Looks like you had a heck of a day RC I’m glad to see it. I’ll be there in 2 days, me and momma are taking our time getting there this year, making lots of stops and just soaking up some holiday time. We are in Valemount tonight, tomorrow night Hope then onto the island and Ukee the 28th. First day on the water will be the 29th. looks like our timing will be bang on. Then 8 days for us out there, I’m pumped. This will be my 4th time to the area and I’m getting more and more comfortable with it all the time. It’s a big area with the offshore, inshore and islands it can be intimidating for sure, it takes some time to learn.

Take care man, safe travels back.

Dude. You were so right. I only got to spend about an hour and a half over there this morning. After picking up a couple Hali I ripped over. I noticed the pack of boats fishing out deep. I joined in to set the gear up and get my bearings. It's an intimidating spot for an inside guy like myself. Got one ok sized coho right away but then it dried up. Decided to make my way into the scary rocks. Cut inside and fished against the wall in 60 FOW. 45 on the rigger with a glow white hoochie and a chartreuse flasher clipped waaaaay back about 30 feet. Got a hog of a coho and then on my last pass got a beauty spring. Thanks so much for the advise and encouragement. Same goes to everyone that messaged me the past two days. So much love on here. Tomorrow is a chill day with the family and then I make the treck home. I can't wait to come back.View attachment 82884
Love it, glad to be of service!!

I regretfully cancelled my Aug 9 -13 trip after getting plenty in Esperanza last week and June in Ukee.
We still have a trip Sept 4-9.
Okanagan or Vancouver Sockeyes will make a poor substitute for WCVI.
Good luck to all.

I regretfully cancelled my Aug 9 -13 trip after getting plenty in Esperanza last week and June in Ukee.
Good luck to all.
Nice problem to have

Good luck to all.
wanna wack a few ofthem osoyoos sockeye before we go but need to know if we're getting our opening or when... plus that work thing to deal with.

Looks like you had a heck of a day RC I’m glad to see it. I’ll be there in 2 days, me and momma are taking our time getting there this year, making lots of stops and just soaking up some holiday time. We are in Valemount tonight, tomorrow night Hope then onto the island and Ukee the 28th. First day on the water will be the 29th. looks like our timing will be bang on. Then 8 days for us out there, I’m pumped. This will be my 4th time to the area and I’m getting more and more comfortable with it all the time. It’s a big area with the offshore, inshore and islands it can be intimidating for sure, it takes some time to learn.

Take care man, safe travels back.
FYI we came back from Ukee yesterday diesel was $1.84.9 in Port Alberni and it was 40 degrees when we went through at 4 o’clock!
Gas was $205.9 at the fuel dock in Ukee

FYI we came back from Ukee yesterday diesel was $1.84.9 in Port Alberni and it was 40 degrees when we went through at 4 o’clock!
Gas was $205.9 at the fuel dock in Ukee
Fishing was good coho on bucktails, springs on skinny g off the rigger as shallow as 27 ft some squid around so white hootchies work friends of mine even hit a couple nice springs on bucktails
Lots of fish at Flo, Wya and Beg didn’t really need to run far
Didn’t chase halibut this time
Good time had by all

Fishing was good coho on bucktails, springs on skinny g off the rigger as shallow as 27 ft some squid around so white hootchies work friends of mine even hit a couple nice springs on bucktails
Lots of fish at Flo, Wya and Beg didn’t really need to run far
Didn’t chase halibut this time
Good time had by all
How are you fishing your buck tails? On the surface just beyond the propwash? Never tried it my self just curious, would like to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back