Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishing is still very very impressive coho,pinks,sockeye all in the mix yesterday out in 350 feet of water bang rod goes off ...hmmmmm I thought thats a way better hit then a foul hooked pink/coho..then the big run yup here we go after a 10 min battle a very nice id say high 20s HATCHERY spring FML.... oh well. never thought id say remember the day "when" and thats only 3 years ago !!!! Guy says he lives a few miles away from where trudeau lives, I joking say well go pay him a visit and have a chat with him!!! LOL. The guy was understanding but then says uuuummm I see 9 boats today out here what are they worried about????where are all these whales that are supposed to be feeding on ALL this fish???does he not know how bad this is hurting sooke?? I come all this way to get some fish and get one like that and have to throw it back... i dont understand that guys thinking...
So I sat at dinner last night as seeing it from a different perspective really kinda hit home. I really think a class action law suit has to happen or something ..I just dont know anymore....felling a bit frustrated...

Fishing is still very very impressive coho,pinks,sockeye all in the mix yesterday out in 350 feet of water bang rod goes off ...hmmmmm I thought thats a way better hit then a foul hooked pink/coho..then the big run yup here we go after a 10 min battle a very nice id say high 20s HATCHERY spring FML.... oh well. never thought id say remember the day "when" and thats only 3 years ago !!!! Guy says he lives a few miles away from where trudeau lives, I joking say well go pay him a visit and have a chat with him!!! LOL. The guy was understanding but then says uuuummm I see 9 boats today out here what are they worried about????where are all these whales that are supposed to be feeding on ALL this fish???does he not know how bad this is hurting sooke?? I come all this way to get some fish and get one like that and have to throw it back... i dont understand that guys thinking...
So I sat at dinner last night as seeing it from a different perspective really kinda hit home. I really think a class action law suit has to happen or something ..I just dont know anymore....felling a bit frustrated...

Remember it's political. All based on politics and optics. Yes it's frustrating.....

Should be out next week and will see you out there...

Remember it's political. All based on politics and optics. Yes it's frustrating.....

Should be out next week and will see you out there...
Oh I know but point i was making from a tourists point it hit a bit too hard home .
As for a report was alot slower today they were jumping everywhere but not a solid bite , also heard "some" whales came by earlier.

monday cant happen fast enough

Couldn't find a clipped coho. Weird, as I caught several and of better size than last outing. A fun solo double header on springs. Got both to the boat. Both in the low teens. All on spoons.
Was that in front of otter in the afternoon? If so think I might have witnessed that lol

From what I see in the regs, it's one spring under 80cm starting tomorrow, Aug 1st. From my experience this is only about a 12 pounder. Guess it's better than nothing.

Out off of Aldridge area today from 7 to 11:30. 10 or 12 to the boat. I unclipped spring 7-8lbs, 1 unclipped coho 6-7lbs, 2 clipped coho around 4 lbs. The other were smaller coho. Great day out there with quite a few boats taking advantage of the good weather.

Out yesterday 10-4 from Aldrige to Beechy 5 hatchery coho and only 2 wilds went back. I had my lucky underwear on so that explains that. A few small chinooks at that party also. Absolutely perfect weather. Some's gunna be smoked the rest sashimi and nigiri.

Out off Beechy again this morning. Coho all over the place though only two clipped for us. One high teen spring and a couple similar lost. Countless shakers. Have fun with bait tomorrow guys.;)
Amazed that with so much bait today, that the lure of choice for chinooks would be a bright orange outfitter skinny g. I previously had thought of that as coho candy.

I was already considering a new top anyways. This just lights a fire under my a$$.
A couple hundred in lost gear is a drop in the bucket compared to a day in the life of a commander 30 owner
You said it...
Have you tried loosening the brakes on your riggers? I snagged hard, twice, in Blammer and managed to get it all back.

You said it...
Have you tried loosening the brakes on your riggers? I snagged hard, twice, in Blammer and managed to get it all back.

Yep, I managed to give them enough slack to turn around and head back in the opposite direction I snagged and then I tightened them back up and I gave em hell, thinking I was gonna luck out but…. Nope!

Then the third one was because I didn’t have and stoppers left and I was fighting a fish and forgot to manually hit the stop button when it got to the top.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to finish my poop so I can go bonk a fish. Have a great season everyone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back