Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Wolf, no one on here said the "fish were all gone". That is a false piece of misquoted misinformation. I suggest you re-read the post that seems to give you and some others here so much mirth. Congrats to Kinetic. He had a good day and proves some fish do appear from time to time in September, as the post actually said if you bothered to read it. And if the fish were here in large numbers in September how do you explain the derby results? Or are you suggesting all the derby anglers were beginners and didn't know what they were doing!!?
Don’t worry about it Englishman, Wolf would argue with my 3 year old if he had the chance.

WELL maybe re read what I said about conditions and WHAT goes on. I tried to explain it best I could for you, but sadly you will never understand it. so ill say it again here ill make it a bit easier for you ....KILLER WHALES AT 9 AM ,EBB TIDE,WEATHER CHANGE COMING. SUNDAY LOW FRONT MOVED IN AND RAIN. even cut plug "tried" to point it out to you.

But you know what bud carry on with what your doing going out blind, we are all on here to help you over the last many years we have given you countless information and trust me I get you want to do it the "english" way but sometimes driving on the left side of the road doesnt work in Canada,

im not trying to be mean to you bud ,but it frustrates me to see you struggle as it seems you dont want to listen to the great advice people share on here and tried to explain to you.

Mostly disappear and all gone is the same thing, your starting to sound like trudeau now.. trying to mix words.
Well Wolf, I do appreciate the advice you and several others have given me over the years. That part has been great. And thx for the advice , if that is what it is, you are now offering, although I find it a bit "coded" and not easy for a simpleton like me to understand. The problem is Wolf, that you have occupied Mount Olympus, where you and the rest of the fishing gods do dwell, for so long you are unable to relate to lowly peasants and peons like me. I do not fish every day so I can never aspire to the detailed insights and knowledge you have. My original post, in response to a question on here was an honest view from the trenches, where the regular Joes like me live. Over the mere 12 years I have been at this, compared to August, I have found chinook in September uncertain, capricious, spotty and difficult. But go ahead, from your lofty heights, continue to pour your wrath, scorn and derision upon lowly plains dwellers like me. I have come to expect nothing less from mighty gods, fishing or otherwise! LOL:)

Last edited:
Don’t worry about it Englishman, Wolf would argue with my 3 year old if he had the chance.
nope not arguing at all!!! stating FACTS...
Well Wolf, I do appreciate the advice you and several others have given me over the years. That part has been great. And thx for the advice , if that is what it is, you are now offering, although I find it a bit "coded" and not easy for a simpleton like me to understand. The problem is Wolf, that you have occupied Mount Olympus, where you and the rest of the fishing gods do dwell, for so long you are unable to relate to lowly peasants and peons like me. I do not fish every day so I can never aspire to the detailed insights and knowledge you have. My original post, in response to a question on here was an honest view from the trenches, where the regular Joes like me live. Over the mere 12 years I have been at this, compared to August, I have found chinook in September uncertain, capricious, spotty and difficult. But go ahead, from your lofty heights, continue to pour your wrath, scorn and derision upon lowly plains dwellers like me. I have come to expect nothing less from mighty gods, fishing or otherwise! LOL:)
WE are not gods bud we have been here to help you many a times .
You have to take what you learn and apply it . I will tell you today sucked as the residents whales came thru first thing this am we had 2 on and lost them, so when that happens best is to go shallow and on bottom near kelp beds and reefs.

Like I said earlier there were days in august that were tough as hell... September can be great and to say it isn't . well that's not a fair assessment IF you haven't had any luck ...
Part of fishing is learning what and what doesnt work...

Fished 10-1:30 in Becher Bay today. It was rough, weed everywhere and two big pods of whales ripped through. Had some shakers and a few small springs that we released. The Conservation Officers were at Cheanuh again nailing guys with wild Coho. One solo guy showed up at the dock with 4 wilds 🙄. Expensive trip.

Fished 10-1:30 in Becher Bay today. It was rough, weed everywhere and two big pods of whales ripped through. Had some shakers and a few small springs that we released. The Conservation Officers were at Cheanuh again nailing guys with wild Coho. One solo guy showed up at the dock with 4 wilds 🙄. Expensive trip.
WTF is wrong with some people?? Don’t they think there will be consequences, or don’t care, or have any idea about any regulations?? Or are too stupid and ignorant to identify their fish??

WTF is wrong with some people?? Don’t they think there will be consequences, or don’t care, or have any idea about any regulations?? Or are too stupid and ignorant to identify their fish??
I watched two boats with coolers on their decks drop fish straight off the hook into the cooler while carefully watching to see who was looking which is unfortunate - I could clearly see one of them was unclipped as it was a big wild. For me today was a fishy day, released a lot of really nice wild coho so definitely a catching rather than a fishing day, just didn't get to keep any, everything was wild. I'm happy to share what was working for me which was spoons at 55 and 65 feet on the DR in various depths. Gibbs and AP spoons both catching. I was after springs but only caught 1 winter size which I released and I suspect the 3 pin poppers I missed were good fish but the chop made it tough to be quick fishing solo. Released over a dozen coho, several double headers. Grateful to be catching so many fish my second season at it.

Slugged it out from 10 to 4 in beacher bay. Tons of crap in the water wind had me all over the place when checking gear. but was rewarded in first 5 minutes with a large hatch coho maybe 7 to 8 pounds. White hotchie at 55 feet. Funny how the gulls and the seals at the cleaning table know exactly what piece of the fish is coming next. First The head is cast with little to no fan fare. Right after all hell brakes loose As they jockeying for position
knowing the row is more than likely next.
To entertain myself I like to save it till I am leaving then throw it up on the roof of the cleaning table. The sound of 30 gulls flying full speed crashing landing and fighting to the death on a tin roof and the reaction from people under said roof well that just floats my damn boat

Last edited:
Alot has to do with not knowing to be honest ..when they had the booklets at least you had a hard copy of what a fish looked like. im out everyday and tell you I see alot . You can imagine!!!

Was out at west at Otter yesterday. Good day. Picked up a nice female red spring in teens.

Also released a nice wild coho. It was slower but there were a few others around us picking up fish here and there.

Just looking for some feedback with regards to rules of the road while fishing...several weeks ago I had my gear down trolling on a steady crs...another boat came along probably 100 to 200yds away...gave him room...could hear him yelling and making commotion directed my way...is there something I'm doing wrong?

Just looking for some feedback with regards to rules of the road while fishing...several weeks ago I had my gear down trolling on a steady crs...another boat came along probably 100 to 200yds away...gave him room...could hear him yelling and making commotion directed my way...is there something I'm doing wrong?
Sounds like you were at Otter Point. That's why I put a horn on my boat.images.jpeg

Where were ya

It would depend on who had right of way. Many people here talk about right rod to shore but the actual legal rules that dictate right of way is listed in the Collision Regulations.

The rules that you will find apply usually most when fishing are for the ones for power driven vessels in sight of one another. Unless there is a RAM vessel both power boats are PDVs (Power Driven Vessels). Generally if you have a boat on your starboard bow crossing and risk of collision exist then the boat who has the other on the port bow has right of way. If a vessel is overtaking another (even slowly) then the overtaking vessel is the one that needs to keep out of the way of the vessel being overtaken.

Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (COLREGs) https://www.imo.org/en/About/Conventions/Pages/COLREG.aspx

Unfortunately not everyone knows or follows the rules. you can also deviate from them if both vessels make arrangements/agree.

If not the one who violated the rules will likely be found most at fault if the matter goes to court.

Lol no was by the trap...only reason I ask is I'm relatively new at tidal fishing....most people I meet are awesome...but every now and again I find fishermen who seem to be angry and for the life of me can't figure out why you would be angry fishing
Ok my next guess is that you were either not noticing another fisherman playing a fish, and that you were not moving out of the way. When this happens to me and it happens to all of us from time to time, I will give you a blast of my horn. If you continue to not move out of the way and your downrigger lines cross the path of the fish, then watch out... you will be on the sh!!! list. Always pay attention to your fellow fisherman as well as your fishing lines.

It would depend on who had right of way. Many people here talk about right rod to shore but the actual legal rules that dictate right of way is listed in the Collision Regulations.

The rules that you will find apply usually most when fishing are for the ones for power driven vessels in sight of one another. Unless there is a RAM vessel both power boats are PDVs (Power Driven Vessels). Generally if you have a boat on your starboard bow crossing and risk of collision exist then the boat who has the other on the port bow has right of way. If a vessel is overtaking another (even slowly) then the overtaking vessel is the one that needs to keep out of the way of the vessel being overtaken.

Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (COLREGs) https://www.imo.org/en/About/Conventions/Pages/COLREG.aspx

Unfortunately not everyone knows or follows the rules. you can also deviate from them if both vessels make arrangements/agree.

If not the one who violated the rules will likely be found most at fault if the matter goes to court.
Totally agree!

On another note, how did you make out the other day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back