2022 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a fun day yesterday on the water with a guest. Sooke once again was forecast to be very windy so I planned a trip over to Tulista for the booked full day salmon trip. It was a little different because a mom visiting from Moose Jaw wanted me to take her fishing fanatic 13 year old son out fishing by himself. She had 2 younger kids with her and would have to make arrangements for care for them if she tagged along too. So we met at 7am and me and Harper headed to drop a couple traps before heading to Coal. We played and released 1 5-6 pound fish between lines down and the first tide change at about noon. Then from noon to 2:30 we landed 7 more up to 12 pounds and dropped another 4 fish before seeing them. Harper was a great kid who needed very little coaching and did a great job on the rods. I was worried it might be a long day trying to keep him entertained with him not having a wingman his own age along. Wasn't an issue...a good kid.
Good on you!! Reports like this is what got me back into guiding after a couple years without!

Slap yo mama,it's a Jamaican style jerk spice combo available in some grocery stores
Gr8 seasoning one of our fav's , We lost our connection in NOLA for Uncle Tony's and found this to be a close substitute. Ordered from their website a little pricey for shipping but worth it , they also have some Gr8 gift baskets! Best Regards

Attachments

• 20220517_102408.jpg
    20220517_102408.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200715_143537.jpg
    20200715_143537.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 65
Calling out for some Sidney help!
I have air bubbles in my power steering fluid.

Does anyone have a hose kit and 10 minutes to pretty please help me get back on the water for this beautiful weekend? I’ll bring the boat to you and a 6 pack.

I had a fun day yesterday on the water with a guest. Sooke once again was forecast to be very windy so I planned a trip over to Tulista for the booked full day salmon trip. It was a little different because a mom visiting from Moose Jaw wanted me to take her fishing fanatic 13 year old son out fishing by himself. She had 2 younger kids with her and would have to make arrangements for care for them if she tagged along too. So we met at 7am and me and Harper headed to drop a couple traps before heading to Coal. We played and released 1 5-6 pound fish between lines down and the first tide change at about noon. Then from noon to 2:30 we landed 7 more up to 12 pounds and dropped another 4 fish before seeing them. Harper was a great kid who needed very little coaching and did a great job on the rods. I was worried it might be a long day trying to keep him entertained with him not having a wingman his own age along. Wasn't an issue...a good kid.
That's awesome, thanks for sharing that.

Gr8 seasoning one of our fav's , We lost our connection in NOLA for Uncle Tony's and found this to be a close substitute. Ordered from their website a little pricey for shipping but worth it , they also have some Gr8 gift baskets! Best Regards
You can buy it in town. Im almost positive I got mine at the Save on.

Calling out for some Sidney help!
I have air bubbles in my power steering fluid.

Does anyone have a hose kit and 10 minutes to pretty please help me get back on the water for this beautiful weekend? I’ll bring the boat to you and a 6 pack.
Stick a hose on your bleeder with an empty bottle
Attach a funnel to steering helm turn all the way left keep turning until the funnel empty tighten bleeder pour the empty(now full) bottle into funnel do that a couple times then do the same thing to the other side ( keep turning the wheel to the left while bleeder open and then to the right for the other side it’s quite easy 2 guys is ideal)

The Red Rock Crab Bite was on today at Coal!IMG_2106.jpeg

Also hooked an 17 pounder right through the dorsal fin, so that made for a pretty good fight. Released and lost a couple more smaller ones

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpeg
    IMG_2092.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
BIG thanks to @ryanb for getting my steering tightened back up. You’re a stand up guy!

A runner up thanks to @FisherTim for the offer. Looks like you were far too busy hooking crabs and 17lb fish. I don’t blame you!

Fished Powder-wharf for a couple hours on the Ebb yesterday. Hooked into 4 nice ones off the submerged James Spit. 80-100 feet of water, bottom of water column.

BIG thanks to @ryanb for getting my steering tightened back up. You’re a stand up guy!

A runner up thanks to @FisherTim for the offer. Looks like you were far too busy hooking crabs and 17lb fish. I don’t blame you!
I promise next time if I don't have the plague, I'll do it.

I just gave coal and powder a try. Took my girls out for a cruise. Hooked a nice hatch 12/13 pounder at powder, that I tailed and released. I wouldn’t have grabbed it but my girls have never seen me actually catch a fish yet, so they were thrilled to see it up close.

5 dungees. ‘Twas a great day and the boat steered perfectly RyanB
21D997BB-11B5-4271-9D70-14380C0E58D0.jpeg42DB1A88-EEC0-48F0-BED4-C71F4FA19357.jpegA6D559C5-CF6C-49CB-9D66-2E63711F5E32.jpeg3F2BD0B6-371A-4E20-A50B-E5BAE2288D63.jpeg

Out for a monster day, launched at 5:30 threw the crab traps at the spit, took a run at my favourite ling spot and ran down towards zero rock to setup for halibut dodging the prawners. No real bites, picked up the family and headed to Montague. Got lucky with a close mooring bouy, took the family ashore and were quickly reminded that camping with kids isn’t much more fun than being on a boat overnight with kids if they are sick. Not wanting to chance a terrible night, I let the bouy go and nosed in at shell beach. awesome spot especially for families. Ran back to Tuslista for the third time, kids fell asleep for the second time on the way Almost lost some fingers trying to hand pull my commercial crab traps in current but momma came out of the cuddy for my rescue. 2 and 2 on crabs. Dropped the family off, and couldn’t pull the boat due to a low tide so, too bad have to go find that ling cod I didn’t catch this morning. First drop, 63 cm, eight drop keeper who spat the hook at the surface. Fifteenth got a cod. A dozen or more more drop and drift and I got a low 70’s ling cod. Solo retrieval of the boat went great and someone swamped my wife out as I called and she made me a huge meal as I was starving. Up there for the longest days on the water, carrying sleeping 5 year olds and a 2 year old on your shoulders is rough on this old man. Hope to get some video post of the cod fishing. I need to get myself a good jigging setup, using my Hali rods is a little crude!

Gr8 seasoning one of our fav's , We lost our connection in NOLA for Uncle Tony's and found this to be a close substitute. Ordered from their website a little pricey for shipping but worth it , they also have some Gr8 gift baskets!

I often get my Tony's from cajungrocer.com. You have to try Zatarain's Crab & Shrimp boil for you crabs and prawns.

I often get my Tony's from cajungrocer.com. You have to try Zatarain's Crab & Shrimp boil for you crabs and prawns.
Thanks for the heads up on the Tony's ! Yes we were introduced to Tony's and Zatarains on the same trip during a Mud Bug boil (1984 Mardi Gras). Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back