2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were out for two days ( Thursday Friday around the can and about 5 k south west of it) was very good. 50/70 feet white blue green silver hootchies at 3.5 MPH.

was out Friday n Saturday,confirm blends post ,though an outgoing bay wind made it a little choppy on Saturday east point looked calm,fish rising at the bridge with a bunch of beach fishers ,some boats fresh side of San Juan bridge.tons of bait out 500-600ft and whales,low swells gl,

Don't know for sure right now, but 2 weekends ago, the coho were THICK at 42 miles offshore (11 miles past US blue dot). They were also thick near the end of Nitnat Canyon. I'm guessing they are feeding/holding until we get some rain.

wow...both those spots are a long way to go for Coho when you can limit much closer in.

wow...both those spots are a long way to go for Coho when you can limit much closer in.
I fished last Wednesday and Thursday in 650 feet of water off of East point in the open area, and they were everywhere. I was alone in the boat, and never got a second rod out.

I bragged, took a friend out today, fished from eight to 4:30, for one 6 pounder, and two less than that. The fish are definitely there, just where is the challenge.

Good part of it was seeing Elk in the fields, and a whale sighting that was great. I had a friend from the Prairies with me and he was gob smacked by the day. We take it for granted.

The fish have to be out there, the streams are dry. People should be flocking to the outside, it has to be full of fish somewhere..... The parking lot at the Pacific Marina was empty, the Marina is empty, I just don't get it. Twenty years ago there would have been fifty boats out there. The Lighthouse Pub and the Renfrew Pub would have been full at night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back