2022 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
106 more sleeps and we'll be there

Well just spent 3 days at TC getting the new trailer situated under my cover. Back home now for a week and then haul the boat and wife back for the summer can't wait20220430_180643.jpg

Last edited:
Well just spent 3 days at TC getting the new trailer situated under my cover. Back home now for a week and then haul the boat and wife back for the summer can't waitView attachment 78967
Nice setup! Pretty civilized with that big covered area and it's really nice back in the trees by the campground. I've never understood the other RV park in the Cove that is a barren gravel field with not so much as a shrub growing. I'm hauling the family & the C-Dory up in Aug again, this year we have 12 days in one of the TC cottages, and 3 days in the campground.

Nice setup! Pretty civilized with that big covered area and it's really nice back in the trees by the campground. I've never understood the other RV park in the Cove that is a barren gravel field with not so much as a shrub growing. I'm hauling the family & the C-Dory up in Aug again, this year we have 12 days in one of the TC cottages, and 3 days in the campground.
We'll see you there

We'll see you there
I can never figure out why you would stay up top .. mosquito’s that will carry away a small dog , a marina that will cause you to put your life at risk , and that lovely washroom and shower , she is a beauty. I have a 42 ft trailer and a 33 ft boat that would never fit there …. Don’t knock it until you have tried it . We have spent 32 consecutive years up there and have stayed on both sides

I can never figure out why you would stay up top .. mosquito’s that will carry away a small dog , a marina that will cause you to put your life at risk , and that lovely washroom and shower , she is a beauty. I have a 42 ft trailer and a 33 ft boat that would never fit there …. Don’t knock it until you have tried it . We have spent 32 consecutive years up there and have stayed on both sides
Well my friend ,it's like this, I don't need the washroom and showers ,my boat slip is awesome and I'll trade a few mosquitos instead of the sewar smell anyday

Well my friend ,it's like this, I don't need the washroom and showers ,my boat slip is awesome and I'll trade a few mosquitos instead of the sewar smell anyday
You would have a different view of your slip if you came over to the good side.You know as well as I do that someone falls off those rickety old pieces of drift wood they call a dock every year. You and I have rescued at least one person who has fallen in !!!! . You stick with the " few mosquitos" story. They are fricken horrible as is the marina on the old side. To each his own....

You would have a different view of your slip if you came over to the good side.You know as well as I do that someone falls off those rickety old pieces of drift wood they call a dock every year. You and I have rescued at least one person who has fallen in !!!! . You stick with the " few mosquitos" story. They are fricken horrible as is the marina on the old side. To each his own....
Sorry, but the new side looks like a rock quarry, or a moonscape. Be nice to combine the best of the two.

Old side vs new side, I love it, a TC rivalry. Hey I have to hand it to the new side, they have a modern standard dock and boat launch. And all they need is another 50 years to let a few things grow and blend back in to the natural surroundings. I used to dive out of TC in the early 90s before they blasted that moonscape out of the hillside. I feel personally linked to the 'new side' because one day a big chunk of 'new side' blast rock took out the hood of my car while I was out on the water. And as for the 'old side' I'm pretty sure those are the same sketchy wobbly docks that they had back in the 90s. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old side vs new side, I love it, a TC rivalry. Hey I have to hand it to the new side, they have a modern standard dock and boat launch. And all they need is another 50 years to let a few things grow and blend back in to the natural surroundings. I used to dive out of TC in the early 90s before they blasted that moonscape out of the hillside. I feel personally linked to the 'new side' because one day a big chunk of 'new side' blast rock took out the hood of my car while I was out on the water. And as for the 'old side' I'm pretty sure those are the same sketchy wobbly docks that they had back in the 90s. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
sounds like a turf wars brewin

when i was a kid we used to stay in the small campsite across the road from the general store. i believe it’s now a parking spot. i hate change. put me down for “old side” what colours are we sporting?

The new vs old debate has been had. Look forward to seeing some fishing reports in the not too distant future from either side!

Well crabbing and prawning have been great, haven't fished much else around here but there are a couple guys catching and release a good amount of springs ,not me ,too tempting. I did go with a buddy to the upper reaches of area 11 the other day and we had a great day with lots of action and even had 4 keepers.20220615_132715.jpg

Any recent reports on overall fish in the Blackfish sound area? Have a friend going up to Crabbin Cabin this week and trying to give him some things to do. He’s familiar with slot size in chinook and coho regulations.

Well it was opening day here today in Area 12 and by all accounts it was stellar. We had our 2 springs ,high 70's and 2 coho 7-8 # by 7:15 . I'm not a catch and release kinda guy but one boat had 15 coho to the boat so there is definitely the odd fish around.

Any recent reports on overall fish in the Blackfish sound area? Have a friend going up to Crabbin Cabin this week and trying to give him some things to do.
Well it was opening day here today in Area 12 and by all accounts it was stellar. We had our 2 springs ,high 70's and 2 coho 7-8 # by 7:15 . I'm not a catch and release kinda guy but one boat had 15 coho to the boat so there is definitely the odd fish around.
Thanks for the report. Did you fish the Wall area or further over in Blackfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back