2022 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the sockeye fishing in China Creek Area? Coming from Campbell River want to wait until it is good rather than come too soon, should we wait a bit Longer?

Went 7/11 yesterday. Easy and fun! Shallow and usual pink & green combos. Ventured out this morning and not a nothing. No nets seen, no fish at the cleaning table, nada.
Trolled Lonetree to the narrows. Deep/shallow, not a hit.
There seems to be a lot of time left for this fishery. We were the lucky ones yesterday, this is just the beginning and looking at the River & cameras they are thick!

Lots of fish in the river today. Natives catching lots gillnetting all day. Lots of jumpers in the pool below Paper Mill Dam tonight and pretty easy fishing in the “chute” tonight to get a few fresh ones to eat. Chrome bright fresh fish.

most years that I’ve tried, you’d be lucky to bag a few in the inlet mid-June. Seems like a solid early push!

We fished Saturday from 5:15am until 1:30pm. We caught one sockeye and never saw any other people even get a hit. Probably 200 boats out there. Guy at the ramp said we were the only ones that caught a fish.
We fished Saturday from 5:15am until 1:30pm. We caught one sockeye and never saw any other people even get a hit. Probably 200 boats out there. Guy at the ramp said we were the only ones that caught a fish.
Yup
I had a few friends go out
Thurs and Fri were good but Sat and Sun were a complete bust…..hopefully that’s not a sign of the rest of the season, though the hot weather is coming!

I would appreciate a report from Tuesday morning if anyone is able.
I'll be travelling to a late ferry tomorrow on the way to Ukee and was thinking of stopping to fish sox Wednesday first light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back