2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tips! Also going to be up next week, fishing Tues/Weds from a rental boat. Friendly Cove looks pretty close to the boundary of how far we're allowed to take the rental. Its an 18' aluminum centre console (Moutcha Bay). We're in bounds there so fair game but wondering how lumpy you'd expect it to be out there, and any cautions for that boat and a novice captain?
Should be calm to mild chop inside. Once at friendly cove guys troll right in front of the bay.
Depths to fish 45-85 feet and troll fast 2.5-3 mph. Mouvha guides will let you know where the fish are. The wall right outside critter is great in the mornings. But the first hour of light is the best bite

Counting the hours now - arriving at Moutcha Monday night, fishing Tuesday and Wednesday in the rental boat. Probably puttering around close in on some kayaks on Thursday. Any other members going to be up this week?

Counting the hours now - arriving at Moutcha Monday night, fishing Tuesday and Wednesday in the rental boat. Probably puttering around close in on some kayaks on Thursday. Any other members going to be up this week?
I'll be there. Launching at gold river monday at first light. We'll be staying at the nootka island lodge. Can't wait

Esperanza delivers daily nice fish. Rosa has been good the last few days - consistent spring and coho action. Just a lot of floating weed is a pain. Guys who make it offshore come back loaded with bottomfish. But we got some nice halis and a few lings much closer too. No need to burn $300 gas unless you need to fill your freezer in one day. Port Eliza is treating us well.

My daughter and I just finished a 2 day fishing trip at Esperanza. Got our limit of bottom fish 5 miles out and limit of our salmon around Pin rock. A bit challenging to fish tight to the rocks but that’s where the fish were feeding.
Another stellar day at Rosa. Consistent action all day - springs 10-20 lbs and good number of coho up to 6lbs. One coho even clocked at 11 lbs. Some clipped cohos as well. Most salmon on bait.

does anyone know if Port Eliza Lodge have freshwater at the dock to rinse your boat after fishing. Thx.

does anyone know if Port Eliza Lodge have freshwater at the dock to rinse your boat after fishing. Thx.
Fresh water is a very valuable resource in the summer in remote areas. Please consider that.

They do have fresh water, I believe it comes from an island lake above the lodge. Never had a problem getting fresh water to fill the tanks or rinse the gear.

Just finished up a weeks stay at Moucha Bay. Fishing was kinda slow. We caught fish everywhere we went. Was a little concerned about our dates this year as I’ve only fished as late as Aug long weekend. Managed 3 limits of springs, lings and bottom fish with only a few cohos. All cohos were caught at wash rock in a low tide jigging. Way to fun.
The fish are moving in and the hot spot was just across Cougar Creek to Princess Royal point. Fish were deep( 85-105ft). Green teaser head with the smallest anchoive you can find was the weeks top producer followed up with a off white coho killer. Funny thing it wasn’t till the 4th or 5th fish I went to swap out the hook and noticed we were fishing it backwards. 51 weeks and counting.

Just got back from Port Eliza on our annual group trip for 4 days. Really good fishing in my opinion vs forum land. Limited out on springs and coho up in Esperanza on the inside mostly Rosa. Our springs were 12-17lbs range with cohos 6-9lb range. Today we fished Camel Rock on way back for few hours, and it produced well for our group of boats. Except mine LOLOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back