2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

Trying to get a handle on the regulations before heading up on July 13th.

It looks like based on the DFO's website there is some confusing/conflicting information.

It states as per the screen shot below area 125 is non-retention until Jul 14th.View attachment 81638

But also states that seaward of the WCVI Boundary Line Chinook is non-retention

View attachment 81640

View attachment 81639

Will that change to Open-2/4/10 on the 14th or are you not able to retain Chinook in area 125 period?

I'm aware of all the RCA's as well as finish closure areas which take place on the starting on the 15th, but haven't been able to crack this part of the DFO's regs.
Last year the regulations were:
Before July 15th: No retention of Chinook seaward of the boundary
July 15-July 31: Retention of 1 Chinook per day less than 80cm
August 1 on: 2 chinook per day any size.

We expect the same this year.

Last year the regulations were:
Before July 15th: No retention of Chinook seaward of the boundary
July 15-July 31: Retention of 1 Chinook per day less than 80cm
August 1 on: 2 chinook per day any size.

We expect the same this year.
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.

After a few great years at Bamfield in late August we decided to switch it up this year and head up to Nootka for the first time this year. Any tips and fishing knowledge about the area are welcome

And, what an awesome experience at the J&J derby one again. Plenty of fish around and as usual an awesome crew and group at Critter Cove. What a great place! And the weather was amazing. Can’t wait to go back!
Right on, we were booked but had to cancel due to work. What were the sizes of the winning fish?

It’s July 1. Happy Canada Day.
I notice the updated Chinook Regs haven’t been posted on the DFO website for area 25/125. I’m fairly sure last year on July 1 they posted them. July 1 is normally the date the slot limit is updated in area 125 if I recall right. I wonder if they’re just delayed updating the site?

I notice the updated Chinook Regs haven’t been posted on the DFO website for area 25/125. I’m fairly sure last year on July 1 they posted them. July 1 is normally the date the slot limit is updated in area 125 if I recall right. I wonder if they’re just delayed updating the site?
We're talking about DFO who does not care about sport fishing. It's just brutal how they treat us and nobody kicks back at all. So frustrating?

I notice the updated Chinook Regs haven’t been posted on the DFO website for area 25/125. I’m fairly sure last year on July 1 they posted them. July 1 is normally the date the slot limit is updated in area 125 if I recall right. I wonder if they’re just delayed updating the
I’m pretty sure they only update if there’s a change in the regs. So no update no change.

I’m pretty sure they only update if there’s a change in the regs. So no update no change.
Looks like the Slot Limit 80 CM change for area 125 was published last year on July 13 so I assume it'll be done around that date again. Got my dates wrong, thought it was July 1 last year. My error.

Up to Nootka in the morning first of 2 trips 6 days each. I'll try to post a report once I figure out where the fish are.

Looks like the Slot Limit 80 CM change for area 125 was published last year on July 13 so I assume it'll be done around that date again. Got my dates wrong, thought it was July 1 last year. My error.

Up to Nootka in the morning first of 2 trips 6 days each. I'll try to post a report once I figure out where the fish are.
I’m heading for Critter on the 8th until the 13th…….. Hoping to slay salmon and Ling.

All fish is from wash rock to maquinna point, small baits, SG and coho killers work well, fish early in the morning. Bigger springs start to show up. Nothing in the inside. Good luck

any idea if the grill is going to be serving more than just baked potatoes this year?
From Critter last month.

As last year, the cafe will be offering daily selections of soups, chili, breakfast sandwiches, sandwiches, desserts and baking. In addition, we will be having three nights of dinner specials:

Friday - hamburger night

Sunday - beef on a bun

Tues - burrito night

These specials will be ordered ahead of time at the front counter, where dinner tickets will be issued.”

From Critter last month.

As last year, the cafe will be offering daily selections of soups, chili, breakfast sandwiches, sandwiches, desserts and baking. In addition, we will be having three nights of dinner specials:

Friday - hamburger night

Sunday - beef on a bun

Tues - burrito night

These specials will be ordered ahead of time at the front counter, where dinner tickets will be issued.”
so the 10 dollar baked potato is not returning? What a shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back