Status
Not open for further replies.
Been out a few times lately, had some luck around Fingers earlier in the week but last couple days it dried right up for me. Seeing a few boats a mile or so offshore from fingers, how are they doing out there? Anyone?
Spoil grounds/ double humps.
good the second half of March- May.

Silly question but don't want to mess up due to a interpretation technicality. When the regs state fishing for lingcod is closed until Apr 30, does that mean we can fish for them on Apr 30th or does that mean the start date is May 1st?

Silly question but don't want to mess up due to a interpretation technicality. When the regs state fishing for lingcod is closed until Apr 30, does that mean we can fish for them on Apr 30th or does that mean the start date is May 1st?
I’ll be cruising over Saturday afternoon, waiting for the crack of dawn on Sunday. It’s like mini-Christmas, lol
On the halibut topic, gramps said they used to be had just outside the east entrance of active pass, in the 300’ trench right in the middle. (Now in an RCA) around Porlier too. This is in the 60’s though… I think now the closest in Victoria area, need to give it a try one day…

I’ll be cruising over Saturday afternoon, waiting for the crack of dawn on Sunday. It’s like mini-Christmas, lol
On the halibut topic, gramps said they used to be had just outside the east entrance of active pass, in the 300’ trench right in the middle. (Now in an RCA) around Porlier too. This is in the 60’s though… I think now the closest in Victoria area, need to give it a try one day…
Over 10 years ago I jigged up a decent chicken just off the bluffs of what I think was Domville Island.
I’d never fished there before, and I haven’t since.

Clam and Oysters near Rathtrevor camp ground (Parksville)

Hello everyone!

My wife is forcing me to go camping may long weekend 20-23rd in Rathtrevor park while there will be good Halibut tides back home in Victoria that weekend.... I've resigned myself to this terrible fate....

So then I thought why not make the best of it. I have a friend that COULD tow my boat up and go fishing BUT that might be a bit of a hassle.

I think for something fun and easy I'll take the kid and his friend out for some easy clam and oyster digging. I looked at the regs/map and some areas are open for small clams which would suit me fine for my young son and his friend. Is there any area besides nanoonse that would be fun and easy for them? Clam and oysters would be our target. We wouldn't even take full limits as we just want a few to cook to show the kids.

I was wondering if its worth bringing up my kayak?

If anyone would be kind enough to share info/general spots that are kid friendly I'd be happy to return the favor in kind somehow when you come down to Victoria.

Clam and Oysters near Rathtrevor camp ground (Parksville)

Hello everyone!

My wife is forcing me to go camping may long weekend 20-23rd in Rathtrevor park while there will be good Halibut tides back home in Victoria that weekend.... I've resigned myself to this terrible fate....

So then I thought why not make the best of it. I have a friend that COULD tow my boat up and go fishing BUT that might be a bit of a hassle.

I think for something fun and easy I'll take the kid and his friend out for some easy clam and oyster digging. I looked at the regs/map and some areas are open for small clams which would suit me fine for my young son and his friend. Is there any area besides nanoonse that would be fun and easy for them? Clam and oysters would be our target. We wouldn't even take full limits as we just want a few to cook to show the kids.

I was wondering if its worth bringing up my kayak?

If anyone would be kind enough to share info/general spots that are kid friendly I'd be happy to return the favor in kind somehow when you come down to Victoria.
Thers a few of us around heading out. Though I'll be about 10 south out of one of the parks on Nanoose.

Thers a few of us around heading out. Though I'll be about 10 south out of one of the parks on Nanoose.
Hi I'll have a car and can drive to different locations. Are you saying there is a clam spot 10 min south of Nanoose? PM me if you want to talk details. Cheers

getting nasty prawning? found this is fn0507 dated may 27th

NOTE:
Area 17 South: There have been numerous incidents of gear theft and vandalism; vessels cutting each other's gear and setting on top of one another. The volume of incidents has been overwhelming to the local fisheries office. If this continues to occur some Subareas South of Gabriola Island will be closed on short notice.

NOTE:
Area 17 South: There have been numerous incidents of gear theft and vandalism; vessels cutting each other's gear and setting on top of one another. The volume of incidents has been overwhelming to the local fisheries office. If this continues to occur some Subareas South of Gabriola Island will be closed on short notice.

Interesting have to dig deeper in this one.

Was out for a little solo fish this am, what a blast! Crazy good fishing. Ended up fishing bare spoons to try and slow the bites down- was just as good or better.
Ended the morning with a hour of non stop action on the jig in shallow. Lots of bait. Lots of fish. All cookie cutter Nanaimo fish but did see 3 nice lookers.

Was out for a little solo fish this am, what a blast! Crazy good fishing. Ended up fishing bare spoons to try and slow the bites down- was just as good or better.
Ended the morning with a hour of non stop action on the jig in shallow. Lots of bait. Lots of fish. All cookie cutter Nanaimo fish but did see 3 nice lookers.
Where abouts you fishing?

NOTE:

I asked. This is referring to commercial fishery. Guess it was getting nasty between them.

Yeah I was out there too.
Went home once I landed 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back