2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to fish Hornby area Saturday afternoon and evening - best just to troll the Norris rocks area and outside Tribune? Worth trying north of Flora?

I'm done with Hornby. Well the beach anyways. I'm going to fish on my way back to Van tomorrow. Anything happening off Sangster?

Why not try Thormanby and Epsom point
Kind of what I'm leaning towards now. The wife isn't interested in fishing 300 feet at French Creek. She loves jigging. Might go jig up some livies and send em for a whirl.

Kind of what I'm leaning towards now. The wife isn't interested in fishing 300 feet at French Creek. She loves jigging. Might go jig up some livies and send em for a whirl.
They used to sell live herring at Secret Cove Marina. Not sure if they still do?
Smugglers cove is a nice place to anchor.

They do. We ended up just flying straight home because the weather kicked up on us. I'm at home taking a nap in the AC now. It's lovely.
Sadly we lost Jerry Mercer in March, the family is still doing a fantastic job of looking alter all of us locals and... the summer influx. I know they pride themselves in being one of the last old school marinas with live bait! They were out of their famous (to me) frozen herring when I checked in yesterday, the frozen are the same as their live but bonked and carefully aligned in a card with loving care so as to not lose a scale. I prefer the frozen bait as a troller, they can be refrozen and still get a sniff. I assume Bob & John will carry on the sunshine Coast legacy! Thanks for Supporting our local pro fishing team, it is still legal to fish.

Any action off point Holmes, since it’s opened?
I got out there for a couple of hours this morning - saw lots of action on the sounder, but after running everything I had in the tacklebox, not a bite. Was a few other boats out there, and pretty sure I saw a net out, so maybe was just me getting skunked. It usually is reasonable fishing starting about now.

Going to fish Hornby area Saturday afternoon and evening - best just to troll the Norris rocks area and outside Tribune? Worth trying north of Flora?
I just read this question. If you are still in the area, the outside of Flora Islet has been good. Fish with the current in 225' of water with riggers at 200'-220'. White and army truck hootchies have been good for us, behind flashers that have a small amount of glow. There are some nice slot size chinook. Tight lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back