Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone at the dock told me the rentention has gone up to 2 and no more slot limit.

I don’t see this anywhere online is there any truth to this?

Not Campbell river, mostly for the French creek area where the Qualicum fish hang out

Any reports from the last couple of days? Heading out tonite - Lighthouse still producing?
Let us know how you do. I think it’s been ok at the LH. Down deep. We should be fishing sockeye by now though. Test fishing numbers not good. They are MIA compared to last time they came through on a “big run” year. Weird.

Let us know how you do. I think it’s been ok at the LH. Down deep. We should be fishing sockeye by now though. Test fishing numbers not good. They are MIA compared to last time they came through on a “big run” year. Weird.
four years ago ( last big run )they diverted down the west coast and snuck around the horn of vic and into the fraser. i heard they doing it again. hope my intel is right

four years ago ( last big run )they diverted down the west coast and snuck around the horn of vic and into the fraser. i heard they doing it again. hope my intel is right
I'm watching the numbers and it seems to be about 75% south and 25% thru Johnstone. It's been close to that for a couple of cycles. I remember in the good old days it was as high as 90% thru Johnstone.

yeah only 10-20% is coming down the inside

the numbers are really picking up as of yesterday for Johnstone Strait pipeline..Area 12 Blinkhorn had 6 seine sets for 5,147 which is the highest this year.
San Juan yesterday had 6 for 2150.

Was nice seeing that hopping it continues

Yes, a much better showing Friday. For sake of comparison though, check these numbers from 2014: Area 12 - Aug 20 was 57625.....Area 13 - Aug 15 was 76964.......Area 20 -Aug 21 was only 1185.

Last edited:
Yes, a much better showing Friday. For sake of comparison though, check these numbers from 2014: Area 12 - Aug 20 was 57625.....Area 13 - Aug 15 was 76964.......Area 20 -Aug 21 was only 1185.
where do you find these reports?
the numbers are really picking up as of yesterday for Johnstone Strait pipeline..Area 12 Blinkhorn had 6 seine sets for 5,147 which is the highest this year.
San Juan yesterday had 6 for 2150.
Ditto

where do you find these reports?

Ditto

scroll down to bottom part where it says daily test fishing results.. yesterdays were strong again in area 12, 6 sets for 6600.
not gangbuster but big improvement from last few weeks.

Fished the green can yesterday from 5pm to 7:30 pm. Slow. A couple of hits and nothing to show for it. Lots of bait but not much fish, at least they didn't seem to be biting at that time. Saw very few nets and had similar comments when I returned to the dock.

I was out last night from 4:30-8:30, off the green can. Lost count of undersized I released. Had one good pin popper and a just under 62. Was using spoons at 80-120. Around 7 the bait and birds were thick. Was really hoping for a unicorn.
Back out tomorrow morning for the flood.

Hey there my wife and I will be staying at pacific playgrounds first week of September. We have a 14’ aluminum just wondering if there’ll be any pinks or coho around that time out front of the river there? And tips are greatly appreciated

Hey there my wife and I will be staying at pacific playgrounds first week of September. We have a 14’ aluminum just wondering if there’ll be any pinks or coho around that time out front of the river there? And tips are greatly appreciated
Absolutely fish the drop off from the poles to Salmon Point 120 feet then around people think it is too close but it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back