2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk or water taxi from where? My boats 24 feet. Sounds like a bit of an issue to get there if your not moored up in town.
I'm staying at a house with a dock inbetween the store and the restaurant, you can raft up to me if you give me a heads up. I think we spoke a few years ago.

not a drop of chipseal until next spring/summer

Just on the ferry home from our annual Bamfield trip. Such a great time over there. We stayed at Mills as usual. Sounds like the moorage issue there will be sorted out for next year. Already put in my dates for next year. We made it out to Big Bank twice. Came up short on one hali out there cause the kicker crapped out. Took it as a sign to go. We found fish all over. Whittlestone, little Bealae, Fleming and Kirby for the most part. Got a 16 out at 5 mile yesterday. Still lots of small fish around to work through. Didn't have much luck on coho. Kept hearing about spots holding them but they always seemed to have moved on when we tried. Already looking forward to next year. Hope you guys have a good finish to the season there. Setting my sights on September 1 Fraser Chinook opening.

Went out to big bank yesterday morning. Ride out and back where great. Flat calm. Pickup our Hali in a hour. 124,84,78. Also picked up 2 ling and 3 low teens springs. Trolling on the bottom with anchovy. The fog was crazy thick and we trolled with the radar on to see the other boats sitting on anchor and other boats trolling. Fishing on the inside is still slow for this time of year. The detour on the road coming in to the nook sucks adds 30 minutes to the drive

Attachments

• 3ACFD25D-896C-4524-A7DF-EAF0B06AC2F6.jpeg
    3ACFD25D-896C-4524-A7DF-EAF0B06AC2F6.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 596B20B5-8425-4980-B063-C4F5157395B4.jpeg
    596B20B5-8425-4980-B063-C4F5157395B4.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 160
My folks have been up there since the 7th. Slow fishing. Caught a few barely teens at whittle-stone, lost one yesterday at Beale. Havent seen many fish caught yet, a few smalls. Sounds like its transition time right between small spoons and bait, waiting for another wave to come in. Im humping it up there Tuesday night from WA.

Just back from 3 day..road from port was slow going with camper towing 17 tinner. The detour was in better shape than the main road.
Cowichin is the way to go for those south.
Fishing was very slow for myself and many others I spoke to…I got nothing over 10 pounds and few and far between.
Others that did get something worth keeping said it was a a real grind. Sandford seem to be producing. It was my first time fishing there so stilllearning the ropes I guess. The heavy rain might have moved them in. Some guys where having luck fishing in the middle of the channel at 120 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back