2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was supposed to be heading there next week, but got bumped off the roaster. :( Time for a bigger boat I guess. Anyone ever trailered a 14 foot tinny into Bamfield? It is worth it? I heard hulls get destroyed on the road in.....
Don’t do it. I’ve done it with my 16’ tinner. Never again. Dust everywhere, bounces the hell outta your trailer. Hard on the rig. I’d launch and run down the sound early in the am.

I was supposed to be heading there next week, but got bumped off the roaster. :( Time for a bigger boat I guess. Anyone ever trailered a 14 foot tinny into Bamfield? It is worth it? I heard hulls get destroyed on the road in.....
Only gone to China Creek fish camp and its good for a logging truck. I was told to bring at least 2 spare boat trailer tires for that Bamfield run.

Road in is in really poor condition. Give yourself 4 hours and be sure to have a tool box on hand. Little Hugo loves it, as it reminds him of the first 30 seconds on a roller coaster when your climbing the hill bouncing around. Made me take him up and down the road just for fun. Kids these days!

Headed up middle of next month for a week. Having trouble finding 5 1/4” chovies to bring but have a lead on a case of the 5” variety. I hear the bait has been small this year, so what is the consensus on 5” chovies for this years fishery? Oh and Fog ducker you haven’t lived until you have tried Black bush lol. That of the Bushmills variety of course.

Headed up middle of next month for a week. Having trouble finding 5 1/4” chovies to bring but have a lead on a case of the 5” variety. I hear the bait has been small this year, so what is the consensus on 5” chovies for this years fishery? Oh and Fog ducker you haven’t lived until you have tried Black bush lol. That of the Bushmills variety of course.
Bait is tiny, like 2-3 inch.
Best producing spoon for our group over the last week was a Bon Chovy WeeGee.

"Oh and Fog ducker you haven’t lived until you have tried Black bush lol. That of the Bushmills variety of course."

glad ya made it past my ET feet , i need to be careful on commenting on the black bush....

k back to the reports ,

i'd jump on RC's killer deal at $10 a pack ,
sooo expensive right now... we have lots here at the Nook if ya dont have any luck, few switching to bait here slowly , some gooders coming in the tables again .... WeeGees and CK's are a great option as well , as someone else posted , lots of coho still milling around , will be a bait show anytime on the Chinook, local derby weekend here ....good luck guys ,,,,
Where did you find $10 a pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back