2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re heading up the second week of August and plan on doing some hali fishing offshore this time. I’m just wondering what the go to method for catching them is drifting or anchoring
I’ll anchor up or drift. Depends on where and what the weather, tides doing. Make sure you have a selection of different baits. My son and buddy are off shore as I’m texting. They our sitting on anchor. 1-1/2 hours they have 2 unders and one over. Ling time

Attachments

• 6640E1D1-B698-4457-9DA5-5363CDD637C2.jpeg
    6640E1D1-B698-4457-9DA5-5363CDD637C2.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 139
Not an option when you’re guiding but now that I’m retired I certainly don’t leave the dock if it’s much over 12 knots
Ya pros vs joes lol. Was just discussing this with a fishing buddy on my last trip to the ranch, man you pros beat yourself up day in day out, my back is still sore from a week ago

I fished today at Allen and Swale/Harbour entrance area. Lots of smaller springs and biggest around 12lbs. Couldn’t jig a ling to save my life today . It was borderline embarrassing. Nice day though. I hear you guys on the back. Nahmint just hammers me. I’ll be getting a shockwave when I redo my interior.

for the computer fishermen "killing" babies ?? maybe move out of the area to a more productive spot ? Bish and I , easy pickins... 4 minutes from camp ,**** on a plate , background should give it away lol.... 12 Springs from 15 - 24 lbs in 2 days....
The computer fisherman? What the heck is that supposed to mean? Great work on the fish, glad you found them. And no, the background doesn't give it away lol. I'd love to know when that was from too btw? Last week there were fish around. I caught a few then too, cool guy.

Last edited:
for the computer fishermen "killing" babies ?? maybe move out of the area to a more productive spot ? Bish and I , easy pickins... 4 minutes from camp ,**** on a plate , background should give it away lol.... 12 Springs from 15 - 24 lbs in 2 days....
Yeah but how long have you been fishing Bamfield?

Attempting to shame people for keeping legal sized fish? Cmon man! There's an argument to made there for releasing the large breeders that you chose to keep. Bish is a well know guide and fishes everyday. So comparing a guides fish to those that get out 2 or 3 times a year? That spot you're fishing is the imperial eagle side of Robbers Pass. For anyone that doesn't recognize it.
PF

I'll bite
hahaha ,just got back actually ,were all Robertson fish , there here ..... nothin to do with how long ive been fishin here assasin ,or beatin my chest , Danny happened to be beside me , and he was slamming them as well , ,if theres no fish , move... .....Guys saying there killin nothing but babies on a public forum ?? 90% of guys out west dont post on here , and ALOT of them will disagree with posts on here at times , but we dont , we all just laugh it off , all the power to you with a rod in one hand and a phone in the other. You want real reports , talk to the guys at the docks , lodges , guides , locals... dont discourage the people reading this forum , and saying theres no fish , your so wrong... lots of nice fish ( breeders lol ) at our tables , if ya need the coordinates the meathole call me :p.....
Sure man whatever. The guides I've talked to have agreed the bigger fish have dried up since you left last week. I'm trying to learn a new area so that's why I'm posting and asking questions. That's great that you have had all the opportunity in the world to learn this fishery. It's my first time. I've fished every corner of the Bamfield area looking for fish and now I'm looking for a new area. I'm having a great time. Thanks to all the members that have been willing to help me thus far. 99% of you are great dudes.

I'll bite
hahaha ,just got back actually ,were all Robertson fish , there here ..... nothin to do with how long ive been fishin here assasin ,or beatin my chest , Danny happened to be beside me , and he was slamming them as well , ,if theres no fish , move... .....Guys saying there killin nothing but babies on a public forum ?? 90% of guys out west dont post on here , and ALOT of them will disagree with posts on here at times , but we dont , we all just laugh it off , all the power to you with a rod in one hand and a phone in the other. You want real reports , talk to the guys at the docks , lodges , guides , locals... dont discourage the people reading this forum , and saying theres no fish , your so wrong... lots of nice fish ( breeders lol ) at our tables , if ya need the coordinates the meathole call me :p.....
I don't get how you could be hating on the forum so bad. You've posted about 8500 messages. Awesome fish pics. lol

Sure man whatever. The guides I've talked to have agreed the bigger fish have dried up since you left last week. I'm trying to learn a new area so that's why I'm posting and asking questions. That's great that you have had all the opportunity in the world to learn this fishery. It's my first time. I've fished every corner of the Bamfield area looking for fish and now I'm looking for a new area. I'm having a great time. Thanks to all the members that have been willing to help me thus far. 99% of you are great dudes.
Nicely done, FD!
RC, see attached. I’ve found that when the meat hole is on, it’s bananas. But it can be on/off like a switch more than some other spots. Not to mention when busy, can be a pain in the butt to work it well. 01A93F80-23F9-4242-85CA-007F91DD981B.pngMy experience only.

Fishing has been slow for us as well. We got here Sunday and have 3 coho and one small spring in the freezer so far. Fished keeha bay this morning at first light and not even a bite. Fished Sanford, Kirby, pill and infront of pacific gateway. All slow... like RC we spent the afternoon at the beach. Can't beat the weather! See you all at the meat hole tomorrow... just kidding were sleeping in and heading out for halibut in the am.IMG_2638.jpg

Fishing has been slow for us as well. We got here Sunday and have 3 coho and one small spring in the freezer so far. Fished keeha bay this morning at first light and not even a bite. Fished Sanford, Kirby, pill and infront of pacific gateway. All slow... like RC we spent the afternoon at the beach. Can't beat the weather! See you all at the meat hole tomorrow... just kidding were sleeping in and heading out for halibut in the am.View attachment 82809

Wow. Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back