2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m waiting to be trolling one of favorite spots off shore and run the canons balls into the side of one , or seeing a big box on the sounder. That be crazy.

Reactions: RBL
I have reserved a China Creek campground for the 2nd week of June. Trying to get my daughters into some fish close to the campground so don't have to take the boat all the way to Bamfield. Typically does Sockeye show up that close at that time of year? Hope it's not too early for them.
I would go a couple weeks later to be sure. Early season can be tough as they typically have it closed until numbers show up and the rivers are getting their numbers among other groups that are apparently more important than sport fishermen. Last year I was there June 7-11 and it was awesome. Windy but great fishing. I have done well early but again it depends on numbers and will depend on the water temperature. Late late June and start to mid July seems to be the best for me anyways

nice.. maybe over on the side.... Im going out of blamtown and should be up there friday afternoon in my buddy alum tub :)

What are the opportunites in early June? I know Chinnook size may smaller but what about Ling and Halibut?
How is the weather then?
We went mid July last year and had great weather and limits of everything although most Chinook in the 10 to 12 pound range
Early June was great last year around Pill pt. Non stop action when we took relatives out. Biggest about 15 lbs if I recall correctly.

Hey guys....does anybody have the list of GPS coordinates for ukee and Bamfield. It was quite lengthy and listed area with gps coordinates and species at the locations ......Posted a few years ago on the site somewhere. Any help, deeply appreciated. Cheers Lucky

Hey guys....does anybody have the list of GPS coordinates for ukee and Bamfield. It was quite lengthy and listed area with gps coordinates and species at the locations ......Posted a few years ago on the site somewhere. Any help, deeply appreciated. Cheers Lucky
Austin Island/Barkley Sound/Salmon/N48 51.569 W125 18.616
Cree Island/Barkley Sound/Chinook, Coho/N48 51.103 W125 19.517
Great Bear - Alley Rocks/Barkley Sound/Chinook/N48 53.635 W125 26.830
Kirby Point /Barkley Sound/Chinook, Sockeye/N48 50.923 W125 12.578
Lighthouse Bank: N48 53.833 W125 41.107
Pachena Point/Barkley Sound/Chinook, Halibut/N48 42.041 W125 06.956
Rats Nose/Barkley Sound/Chinook, Coho, Halibut/N48 35.500 W125 39.300
Swale Rock/Barkley Sound/Chinook, Sockeye/N48 55.443 W125 13.142
Barttlet Channel/Tofino/Chinook, Coho, Crab/N49 14.488 W126 04.000
Barttlet Island/Tofino/Chinook, Coho, Crab/N49 12.893 W126 06.029
Blunden/Tofino/Chinook/N49 10.789 W126 04.533
Cleland Island/Tofino/Chinook, Coho/N49 10.069 W126 05.625
Tofino/Crab/N49 01.971 W125 49.226
Tofino/Halibut/N49 08.262 W126 08.918
Portland Point/Tofino/Chinook, Coho/N49 03.731 W125 50.879
Tofino/Crab/N49 00.282 W125 49.114
7 Mile/Ucluelet/Chinook, Coho, Halibut/N48 44.500 W125 16.800
Big Bank/Ucluelet/Chinook, Coho, Halibut/N48 38.532 W125 46.779
Eagles Nest/Ucluelet/Chinook/N48 57.755 W125 36.371
Outside South Bank/Ucluelet/Chinook, Coho, Halibut/N48 48.907 W125 38.533
South Bank/Ucluelet/Chinook, Coho, Halibut/N48 50.344 W125 34.938
Wya Point/Ucluelet/Chinook/N48 58.424 W125 37.025

So we ran the boat to the nook this weekend. The road sucks , seen three graders working on its still beat up. We got out fishing twice. Had fresh spring for dinner last night. Nothing better yum ended up with 6 cookie cutters and had one screamer which kept going. Little too cold out there with out a heater and pretty wet on Friday. We decided to head home today being it’s going to drop 70mm of rain tomorrow. Back in two weeks hopefully.

Hey guys i've only ever fished out of Bamfield a couple times and looking into the possiblity of boating around from Vancouver for a 4-5 day trip in June or early July. In general what could I expect to see in terms of fishing for that time of year. Late June most likely timeframe for me. thanks in advance

Hey guys i've only ever fished out of Bamfield a couple times and looking into the possiblity of boating around from Vancouver for a 4-5 day trip in June or early July. In general what could I expect to see in terms of fishing for that time of year. Late June most likely timeframe for me. thanks in advance
I'll be there at the end of June as well. If you want to boat up the inlet you should find some good sockeye fishing that Time of year. We usually do OK for smaller springs if you can get away from all the shakers! Bottom fishing is usually good to us as well.

Late June can be fantastic! With the squid spawn coming on strong the past few years, June and early July can be very good. Keeha Bay is a solid bet to troll the bottom with glow white hootchies. Jigging can be very good there in June. Live squiding is a blast and very effective too.
Much less crowded than in August! And the hali fishing is over the top.
Do it, you'll love it!

Late June can be fantastic! With the squid spawn coming on strong the past few years, June and early July can be very good. Keeha Bay is a solid bet to troll the bottom with glow white hootchies. Jigging can be very good there in June. Live squiding is a blast and very effective too.
Much less crowded than in August! And the hali fishing is over the top.
Do it, you'll love it!
thx. this is helpful. love me a good squid spawn :) ... and I've got a few nice spinning rods for just that. If I do get a few fish that I want processed while there is there a place that will do that? I'd be fine even if someone could vac-pack a few fish (hali, springs) and then I could run them back in a cooler on the boat. Or, open to dropping fish and picking them up in Vancouver.. as St. Jeans does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back