2021 Winter Harbour Reports

Where are you guys staying? We are renting out some rooms at the outpost. 2 boats in our fleet, a blue 30ft ocean master, and a 22ft Hourston talk about a killer combo :p
What is your plan for ICE?
That's a nice fleet your family has

That's a nice fleet your family has
Well one of the boats is really well set up for tuna, the other boat tries to keep up and hold its own :p

Pretty cheap tuna fishing in the Hourston if the water lets us fish..like 150-200 bucks a day sometimes less.

fingers crossed for bluebird days..

We are going to be hauling in ice from hardy, I bought a tote this year. We at the outpost camping on the pavement by the dock! We fished with your ocean master crew last year
Oh, you guys have the ocean sport with twin mercs? I think Mike was saying you were coming up.

Yes on the totes, we will bring two full-sized totes and two half-size and some kill bags. You can never have enough ice. Looking forward to grabbing a beer after fishing with you guys. cant wait!

Should be plenty of boats going for tuna early sept as mentioned. Oli has the derby going so should be at least 15 boats going out on reasonable days. We arrive on the 3rd to fish tuna till the 9th weather dependant. Looking forward to it hopefully, the wind gives us a day or 2. Good report thanks for that.
Yes plenty of boats there from sept 1st onwards. We will be staying at Oli’s from sept 1st to 10th. We are rolling in the Bounty into the blue derby! Anyone who wants to tag along as a buddy boat, you are more than welcome. I believe we will be on 12 for the most part. I have installed pulpit lighting for early lift off, and feel free to join for the way out. Decent reports from the boys out on the tuna grounds this last week, numbers into the low 20s, 40 to 50 miles out. And the warm blue water should be closer in the next couple weeks. Going to be epic.

Oh, you guys have the ocean sport with twin mercs? I think Mike was saying you were coming up.

Yes on the totes, we will bring two full-sized totes and two half-size and some kill bags. You can never have enough ice. Looking forward to grabbing a beer after fishing with you guys. cant wait!

Yup that's us! Stop by anytime for a Beer and fish catching bullshitting :)

Hey Myles
What were you guys using for bait last year when you got into those sablefish?

Has anyone been out lately for tuna in WH? Is there still steady salmon action? Forecast looks not great this weekend was thinking of coming up early.

thanks!

Has anyone been out lately for tuna in WH? Is there still steady salmon action? Forecast looks not great this weekend was thinking of coming up early.

thanks!
Don't know about the tuna, but salmon action was great the day before yesterday. Got a few yesterday also, but it was slow for us.

Last edited:
Don't know about the tuna, but salmon action was great the day before yesterday. Got a few yesterday also, but it was slow for us.
awesome great to hear. The weather forecast this weekend looks iffy which is too bad!

Last year the first week of September salmon fishing was pretty tough... We couldn't even find a Coho.. This year we are not even planning on bringing the salmon gear, Between the Tuna and Black cod and other bottom fish we should be plenty busy all week :)
What if it's real windy and you can't get offshore?

Well one of the boats is really well set up for tuna, the other boat tries to keep up and hold its own :p

Pretty cheap tuna fishing in the Hourston if the water lets us fish..like 150-200 bucks a day sometimes less.

fingers crossed for bluebird days..
Yeah but i love your Hourston!

Last year the first week of September salmon fishing was pretty tough... We couldn't even find a Coho.. This year we are not even planning on bringing the salmon gear, Between the Tuna and Black cod and other bottom fish we should be plenty busy all week :)
Totally makes sense. Sounds like salmon will be a lot better than last year, but i hear you the time goes fast cant fish everything. I'm 99% in for a quick mission this weekend. If its windy and rainy we will be at the dock enjoying beverages. I called John at coal harbour hanger and short term boat storage is only 10 bucks a day covered and inside. I will just leave my boat there and come back up on the 3rd for more fun. If anyone gets out tomorrow please LMK how you do
778 928 7269

Yeah but i love your Hourston!
Yah i have a soft spot for it too. Not a big boat but it's a great do-everything boat for me and my partner. I'd like something bigger one day but i don't think i could ever sell the Hourston it's just too versatile and economical.

Back