Fished West Constance for halibut and nada. Got into quite a few dogfish so got a decent workout.

I would try no bananas. I think they still run from oak bay.
There’s no guarantee with fishing but the pros are your best bet and usually get you into something fun!
even if you don’t catch a trophy, the experience will be something you will not regret. Great chance to bond with your dad.
Best of luck my friend.
Fellow by name of george is out of Oak Bay Details to follow soon

Hi Guys,

Quick question - my Dad isn't doing that well and has a condo in Oak Bay ... I am flying up next week to see him ... do you think there is a charter that would take us out of Oak Bay ... and would there be a reasonable chance of catching anything from there?

Appreciate the comments.

Northern
maybe try Jason at Bonchovy

Launched at 6:45, did several passes in front of the breakwater until about 9:30 with absolutely no action, except for the 400 lb Sealion that popped his head a few times before diving, and a few minutes later I picked up a gig blob on my fish finder at 62’. Fished from 25’- 110’ with bait trying to find the fish, but no takers.

I then headed out to my halibut hole, to which there was a boat parked in my numbers, so I picked another spot just down the way. Hooked up on the anchor with my salmon heads until 2:00, with no results.

well, I guess the good is I didn’t have to clean fish today.

Tried the NE side of Chatham. Lots of action on the sounder but seemed to be all undersize lings from what I caught.Hooked some well off the bottom. Glass calm out there.
Two crab traps in Cadboro bay. 28 dungies. Only 2 were males of which one was a huge keeper. Must be the hen house.

Out Sunday Morning, Picked up 5 springs on the flats. Got 3 to the boat, lost 2. It was a quick bite 1 hour only from 6:20am-7:20am. They are just mouthing the the lures. Only 1 fought really good. Beauty day.

Back