Hi Gear' n' beer, I'd like to try both. What is that little black collar and where can I get it? Cheers!
Also the factory clip in G&B's picture has a little clip at the top pull it up for a harder grip on the line push it down for a lighter grip. The one in his picture is in the up position.

Kept a 50cm spring on 19th. It was the only action we ran into but I saw a few other nets out that day. 5pm until sundown, it was super calm out there and slack tide.

Launched at about 5:45, headed out to Macaulay to start the fishing. Pretty quiet for myself for the morning. Saw a couple of nets out and folks heading off the water before 9. I was trying depths all over from 28’ to 90’ with nothing to show for it. At about 9:45 had a hit, small jack, reeled it up to the boat, noticed it had a big gash taken out of it, seal almost got him. He was released, so maybe the seal will get him again.
My go-to green chrome and herring-aid teaser heads were not working, so I tried my “Joanne”, she started working right away. A couple small hits that didn’t stick, then a bigger hit, in front of Macaulay, probably around 7-8lbs, released itself bout 20’ from the boat. Made another pass in front of the breakwater, and it’s a pin popper. Made a little bit of a run, then swam right at the boat, when she got to about 10‘ from the boat, then all the fun started. Fish - 0 Fisherman - 1

I know I know, but really, it was, 79.5 cm

side note: I found a knife at the cleaning station, if you’ve lost one, send me a message and a description, and I’ll get it back to you.

Attachments

• 6D6A4CA3-BCEB-45BC-B932-331038BBD087.jpeg
    6D6A4CA3-BCEB-45BC-B932-331038BBD087.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 127
Launched at about 5:45, headed out to Macaulay to start the fishing. Pretty quiet for myself for the morning. Saw a couple of nets out and folks heading off the water before 9. I was trying depths all over from 28’ to 90’ with nothing to show for it. At about 9:45 had a hit, small jack, reeled it up to the boat, noticed it had a big gash taken out of it, seal almost got him. He was released, so maybe the seal will get him again.
My go-to green chrome and herring-aid teaser heads were not working, so I tried my “Joanne”, she started working right away. A couple small hits that didn’t stick, then a bigger hit, in front of Macaulay, probably around 7-8lbs, released itself bout 20’ from the boat. Made another pass in front of the breakwater, and it’s a pin popper. Made a little bit of a run, then swam right at the boat, when she got to about 10‘ from the boat, then all the fun started. Fish - 0 Fisherman - 1

I know I know, but really, it was, 79.5 cm

side note: I found a knife at the cleaning station, if you’ve lost one, send me a message and a description, and I’ll get it back to you.
Good show, mate. Congratulations! I feel like I might be walking into something here but, what is your Joanne???

Out late today on the waterfront with lines down around 10:30. Not terribly much going on, but we did see some nets out. Most fish looked on the small side, so maybe pinks? We had a pin-popper after about an hour and a bit, then landed a small spring (just barely legal) and a pink, then it went quiet again. Lots of fish jumping -- and good sized ones too -- and people seeming to catch pretty regularly. Left at 1:00 for home. Saw one other spring on the cleaning table at OB Marina. Fishing lures on the bottom in 100' and 160' (depending on the direction and the turn).

Jigged and trolled off Fulford reef. Couldn't keep the darn rock fish and weed off. Definitely not the amount of springs there as few weeks ago. Maybe they are headed for home across the strait, or maybe I was fishing the wrong side of OB today.

Launched at 7:15 today, started trolling out to my halibut hole, looking for some pinks to use as bait, but to no avail, several fish jumping on the surface, but no takers. So I used my frozen pink heads.

I was set up for halibut around 8:45, and the tide change was a little late where I was, but when the tide did start to change, I was hooked up with a fat 85cm. I motored back the the dock to pick up my son to catch the 12-2:00 bite…..which never came. We stuck it out and after a few tide rips, the bite came on at about 3:00 in front of the breakwater for us. My son reeled in a 72 cm, and within the next 30 minutes, we had two more pin-poppers, that where long line releases within 20 seconds of the hit.

All 3 came on #8 anchovy, all on the same teaser head, 57’

Attachments

• 455D421A-8ECE-4FBF-BB48-F1BEB3F38186.jpeg
    455D421A-8ECE-4FBF-BB48-F1BEB3F38186.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 122
  • DA2169EB-ACA6-4E65-B9B3-01E27D5DC107.jpeg
    DA2169EB-ACA6-4E65-B9B3-01E27D5DC107.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 122
  • FEFBE497-E6FE-46C1-ABFA-6A13954D593E.jpeg
    FEFBE497-E6FE-46C1-ABFA-6A13954D593E.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 125
Jigged and trolled off Fulford reef. Couldn't keep the darn rock fish and weed off. Definitely not the amount of springs there as few weeks ago. Maybe they are headed for home across the strait, or maybe I was fishing the wrong side of OB today.
today, after fishing 9 to 11, my son in law picked up a 10 lb spring off of the Victoria Golf Course. We were just about to quit for the day and then bingo, Not a nibble until this spring hit our small "no bananas" spoon.

Flats has been really good over the past two weeks, but slowed down a bit the last couple of days. Released 12 springs on Friday and Saturday was a bit tougher releasing 5 springs. Had to really work for these 5 springs. It was a long day but absolutely beautiful fishing, flat calm, zero wind and a tiny bit of fog that rolled in an out within an hour. Nothing big that I could find. Fish are all in the 7 - 15 lb range, mostly hatchery fish. Nice to see a few boats back on the flats. I think at one point I counted 18. Far from the days of 30-50 boats fishing there. Its super nice to be only 7 minutes to the fishing grounds and 7 minutes from home.

I don’t usually do hero shots but it was this gentleman’s birthday and the largest salmon of his life. Thursday morning off Albert Head. 35+ lb.
I would have much preferred to see a photo of the fish beside the boat AND being released without being taken out of the water. Not much chance survival after the photo shoot.

If you have a couple hours after work would you go to the flats or Macaulay point / break water?

Back