Tried our luck for hali east of Discovery, no luck, not even a dog. Checked by the RCMP. Quite a boat they have.
Beautiful day, still beats working.
RCMP Ship Rider Program is probably the best gig in the RCMP, and they know it. Nice fellows.

Out on the water from 7:45-12:45, started out at -2 in the boat, hit a high of 23. Beauty day out there.

managed to get a hit today, right on the bottom in front of Macaulay. One for the BBQ

Attachments

• 34A99040-30FD-4407-942D-411B47403B6A.jpeg
    34A99040-30FD-4407-942D-411B47403B6A.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 138
  • F46FAE14-41DF-4783-95CC-3490E9EC6C97.jpeg
    F46FAE14-41DF-4783-95CC-3490E9EC6C97.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 132
Out today for first time since November. Out to Constance to drift for hali. Nothing for 3 hours then double header at 2pm. 45 and 15lb from same and only spot where I've caught halibut at Constance. I call it the Valley of Hali or Vallhalla for short.
Randy 45 hali.jpg

Out today for first time since November. Out to Constance to drift for hali. Nothing for 3 hours then double header at 2pm. 45 and 15lb from same and only spot where I've caught halibut at Constance. I call it the Valley of Hali or Vallhalla for short
nice looking Glasply

looking for some pointers on hali tides, planning on heading out tomorrow to mud holes or Constance. it looks like it's good to fish between 11:30-2pm. Could anyone share some pointers if this is a good time to go? it looks like wind will be alright as well.

How deep do you usually fish for halibut?
i've use salmon bellies, octopus, and herring in the past and haven't been to lucky with catching them. Is anyone using anything other then this?

Thanks everyone.

Currents don’t look good tomorrow.
your window is accurate but that is short window and quick swing in my opinion.
If you are new at this you want better tides. Last weekend was good and every second week for a while.
halibut are on the bottom.
Good luck!

looking for some pointers on hali tides, planning on heading out tomorrow to mud holes or Constance. it looks like it's good to fish between 11:30-2pm. Could anyone share some pointers if this is a good time to go? it looks like wind will be alright as well.

i've use salmon bellies, octopus, and herring in the past and haven't been to lucky with catching them. Is anyone using anything other then this?

Thanks everyone.
It’s probably doable from 1130-2 but your gonna have a sh]t load of line out. If your on them pretty much any bait will work. My fav is quartered Albi heads but they can be hard to come by. Personally I fish 330 at the mud hole just west of shipping lane but try your luck where you want......fish do swim around.

Headed out to the mudhole to try some halibut fishing, it was pretty busy out there at 8 AM, within a couple hours there were about 15 boats in eyesight.

Tide was cooperating, wind was pleasant, the fish were nowhere to be found. I ended up having one nibble which stole my mackerel but other than that it was a uneventful day. Salmon head on a circle hook on the other side.

Headed off the water at 1:45.

We fished Constance today from 10 till 1, kept one fish 8lbs, lost 3 other pin poppers, released 2 smaller springs. Glow white hootchie 6-0 against spoons.
Beautiful day on the water!

Thanks everyone.
Was out off Albert head today. Murray’s table was not accurate.no current 11-3 270’ 3 fish in the boat awesome day out there.

Thanks everyone.

Back