I need a bigger boat.:) A 12' tinner with 15" transum doesn't cut it. Was kind of hoping s lot more would have been "Selling their boats".
Try off the breakwater and over yo Macaulay point, that has been productive, you need to put in hour time there, you can fish a couple days with nothing then boom you can't keep them off

Went out with friends today for halibut west Constance.Sideways chop all day (6-11:30) and picked up a nice halibut.At the dock the boat owner swings the fish out to my waiting wheelbarrow,it falls off the meat hook and lands perfectly between the dock and boat,disappearing instantly.I figure that's it,seal or otter will have a great meal.But his dad and friend don't give up as easily and go find a pike pole after I've left for home.I get a call later that fish weighed 54 1/2 Lbs,,they found it and harpooned it in 10 Ft. of water and pulled it up.I missed out on the fillets,but have a story for future fish tales.

Hi Everyone,

Just to keep you all up to date. NRB has provided the projected dates when the Barge will be occupying the entire JBAA ramp.

Aug 1, 6, 10, 12

This means that on those days there will be no access to the JBAA Ramp.

Thank you to all the boaters that support us.

James Bay Anglers

Casting For The Future!!

Follow us on Facebook: James Bay Anglers
Become a Follower on Instagram at jamesbayanglers2021

Anyone getting pinks? Where should I head, coming out of the inner harbour? Would like to be able to get our limit. Got some vancouver kids coming out for the first time and my son of course.
If you want limits you will have to run down to past race rocks. Near church or even beachy head.

I've got limited out twice last week there.

Start with lures 35ft and 60ft on the rigger. If you hit some pinks try a circle back around for more hits.

Anyone getting pinks? Where should I head, coming out of the inner harbour? Would like to be able to get our limit. Got some vancouver kids coming out for the first time and my son of course.

Sounds like most of the action for pinks and coho is more west than the waterfront. I would head to Beechy head and work towards Sooke until you find them. Sounds like there is lots of pinks out there, just got to find them.

I had plans of trying to get out tomorrow, but sounds like that’s not happening so I am hoping the winds die off for Sunday or Monday but it’s not looking promising.

FYI
A buddy and myself have had some decent success working bait and jigging springs from Allbert head to Pedder bay

Last edited:
Back