2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It's seal city at the cap right now too. I did a few laps for the hell of it yesterday after fueling up for tomorrow's circus. Saw one net, it was slow in the afternoon but talked with a buddy who picked up 3 yesterday. Each was a sprint to keep the fish away from whiskers.
We had a nice spring on up north, sea lions were after it. Guide said hold on, he did a fast circle around the fish, lucky we got it. Tried it this year, it worked too. Probably too many boats out here. But in the open, could be worth a try.

Last edited:
We had a nice spring on up north, sea lions were after it. Guide said hold on, he did a fast circle around the fish, lucky we got it. Tried it this year, it worked too. Probably too many bosts out here. But in the open, could be worth a try.
I’ve seen that done many times down at the buoy 10 fishery in Oregon. Sometimes works

Chum is very good smoked. Especially males with thick belly and caught in the ocean or before they darken. I worked in a smoke house. We would eat them almost everyday. Brings back work memories. I better going fishing tomorrow
X2 on the quality of the smoked chum. Smoked chum with stoli-flavoured ginger ale makes the perfect snack for a cold winter fishing day. Chum roe is also great for roe sacks if you’re into steelhead fishing.

At cap mouth lost one and picked up second hatchery. Both smashed herring at 71'. About an hour after high tide. Dfo just rolled up I'm heading back may troll am hour before last tide.

Any sandheads reports?

Someone was fishing more or less in front of fisheries today but waythehellandgone out in the bay almost to the ships and I wondered WTH was going on I never see anyone fishing that spot.....then I remembered that's where we used to fish winter Springs back in the early 80's and action was steady but rarely hot whoever it was I hope they found something.

Someone was fishing more or less in front of fisheries today but waythehellandgone out in the bay almost to the ships and I wondered WTH was going on I never see anyone fishing that spot.....then I remembered that's where we used to fish winter Springs back in the early 80's and action was steady but rarely hot whoever it was I hope they found something.
Springs are there believe me.

Back