2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Had a pretty good day at SH. We started fishing for pinks for the smoker and landed one then 3 sockeye released. Changed up gear and a buddy hooked and landed a 35.6lb buck spring. It was a brute. Also on the way down we bounced off a dead head just south of T-10. Put my first dent in the hull. 1st thought was save the motor. My buddy was excited as it was the biggest spring he has landed. Well bigger than I ever had also. Lol.
Cheers, Rob

Attachments

• CC9EA5F7-5582-42DC-A3B0-D302A3A74669.jpeg
    CC9EA5F7-5582-42DC-A3B0-D302A3A74669.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 375
Late evening troll along Westvan, Coho smashed the herring right on the surface as i was re setting the gear after catching the spring, coho was so bright and clean saving it for cold smoked lox.. heading out later this afternoon doing a long tack riding the flood...starting at north arm troll to QA, Bell, Mid Harbour to QB maybe nail something on the way... fish were suspended not on bottom
E171F149-D3A8-4566-BAAE-E89F15411A0B.JPG

Hi, I’ve never focused on chum or tried in the salt. I’ve seen guys up at Browns Bay use big pink hoochies but is that the gear of choice off the Fraser. Looking to smoke a batch. Same gear?
Cheers, Rob

Hi, I’ve never focused on chum or tried in the salt. I’ve seen guys up at Browns Bay use big pink hoochies but is that the gear of choice off the Fraser. Looking to smoke a batch. Same gear?
Cheers, Rob
Pretty much the same gear or any leftover meat. If they’re there and in biting mode, they’re easy to catch. They love slow troll, sometimes stop and go. Usually picks up in numbers in first week of October. Good luck!

Late evening troll along Westvan, Coho smashed the herring right on the surface as i was re setting the gear after catching the spring, coho was so bright and clean saving it for cold smoked lox.. heading out later this afternoon doing a long tack riding the flood...starting at north arm troll to QA, Bell, Mid Harbour to QB maybe nail something on the way... fish were suspended not on bottom
View attachment 70772

Awesome tack, bring on the reports.

Back