2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Yeah there's a 80cm max there. No way you get an 80cm, 25lber. I think the debate was had here last summer that as an absolute max you can get a 20lb but that's a bowling ball.

Buzzed around west van for couple hours dragging UV hoochies. Slow for us. One Chinook that we flipped off with gaff. Lots of bait so was entertained staring at my crappy sounder. Doggo is starting to get his sea legs.

Took forever to get my card on the table of gas dock for some waters and snacks as this 165’ yacht was topping up the tanks. 27k diesel bill. Sucked the dock dry. :oops:

Attachments

• 68820218-3E90-4013-882E-926D6FC3A115.jpeg
    68820218-3E90-4013-882E-926D6FC3A115.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 148
  • CB629785-4014-4361-A742-FD49574FC94B.jpeg
    CB629785-4014-4361-A742-FD49574FC94B.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 144
Strong day between Gowan and south Bowen. 1 hatchery coho (on the drop) and 6 pinks landed. Brought some first timers out so lots of lost opportunities and one monster spring popped right at the boat :( Bite was on hard from around 1-4 at 60-70 feet. Turned right off by 6.

Yeah there's a 80cm max there. No way you get an 80cm, 25lber. I think the debate was had here last summer that as an absolute max you can get a 20lb but that's a bowling ball.
Last year dad and I got a 77cm and 80 cm 17lbs and 18lbs. 25 pounds is a very fat fish under 80 cm.

Epic day for us yesterday. Brought my 2 grandsons to experience fishing and not disappointed. 30+ hits every 10 mins with 5 doubles. Lots of pinks with some under Chinook and wild coho in the mix. Kids lost at least a dozen trying to get them to the boat. Running chovies and pink squirts and hits 45-80.

Epic day for us yesterday. Brought my 2 grandsons to experience fishing and not disappointed. 30+ hits every 10 mins with 5 doubles. Lots of pinks with some under Chinook and wild coho in the mix. Kids lost at least a dozen trying to get them to the boat. Running chovies and pink squirts and hits 45-80.

Roughly where were you fishing?

So here we go again, 2 actual fishing report with useful information - thanks- really @- and 8 people criticizing the accuracy or details surrounding the report like a bunch of nitpicking housewives!....I though we go fishing to get away from that ? C'mon guys , cut it out - we don't really care how smart you are or well you know your regs and measurements and crap, we want to read useful reports. Please stop? And guys please don't let the critics make you stop reporting, they cant help trying to be right all the time , they were just not beaten enough as children or something. Keep them coming please. . . Our report: We picked up some nice larger pinks yesterday off Roger Curtis, at 97 feet, trolling whole small herring in Pro-troll rigs , 2.4 mph on the GPS/ sounder, and loaded up on prawn 5 gallon pail 3/4 full. Looks like [prawn are recovering after commercial opening - might be time to consider setting again, our test was good.. . Was good day not great, no keeper Coho but still a good day! Going to pan fry the pinks fillets in slices, in fish crisp and have fish sticks & eggs for breakfast and serve same to grandkids shortly. Pic of prawns tails in mild brine so don't freezer burn, and fillets on ice attached. Pinks are still salmon and tasty if cook them right!

Attachments

• Prawns and pink fillets- July24th-2021 Roger Curtis.jpg
    Prawns and pink fillets- July24th-2021 Roger Curtis.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 78
Back