2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I have always said the tug is the drug. Now I need to take it one better as the screech is the drug of choice. Got to experience it twice within 30 mins of each other at HITW tonight putting in a couple of hours just wanting to enjoy the day and the weather. Both at 100 on wegee cop car. Sure made my day
Nice how big were the fish ?

I have always said the tug is the drug. Now I need to take it one better as the screech is the drug of choice. Got to experience it twice within 30 mins of each other at HITW tonight putting in a couple of hours just wanting to enjoy the day and the weather. Both at 100 on wegee cop car. Sure made my day
Does anyone bug you about fishing hitw. I didn't think we were allowed to fish that area anymore. My buddy fished it Sunday and got told by two people he couldn't fish there. But I drove past it on Sunday and saw a well know charter fishing it.

Does anyone bug you about fishing hitw. I didn't think we were allowed to fish that area anymore. My buddy fished it Sunday and got told by two people he couldn't fish there. But I drove past it on Sunday and saw a well know charter fishing it.
Some charters are doing DNA sampling.

To be very clear so there is no confusion I was fishing for pollock. Regulations do not state this fishery is closed. I use the same gear that has caught them in the past. I can not help it if any other species of fish gets hooked. I can and do release any that are not pollock. So anyone that says you can not fish this area best show me the Regulations that identify the species I am targeting.

Attachments

• received_440108797223008.jpeg
    received_440108797223008.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 101
To be very clear so there is no confusion I was fishing for pollock. Regulations do not state this fishery is closed. I use the same gear that has caught them in the past. I can not help it if any other species of fish gets hooked. I can and do release any that are not pollock. So anyone that says you can not fish this area best show me the Regulations that identify the species I am targeting.
Get 4 or 5 of those buggers and it’s a nice meal for two

Attachments

• 61CA7364-6AE0-48DF-816E-C6EA9BB06343.png
    61CA7364-6AE0-48DF-816E-C6EA9BB06343.png
    1 MB · Views: 94
Love it! Keep those pollock pictures coming. Just remember that your daily limit is 8. I find the Skinny G Homeland Security works best for them. And use a dummy flasher so you can see their hits.

Also, there is nothing in the posted regulations saying fishing is closed. My friend Google confirmed that again just now.

Love it! Keep those pollock pictures coming. Just remember that your daily limit is 8. I find the Skinny G Homeland Security works best for them. And use a dummy flasher so you can see their hits.

Also, there is nothing in the posted regulations saying fishing is closed. My friend Google confirmed that again just now.
Came back down coast from halfmoon bay on Sunday. Saw boats fishing Trail Islands, Salmon Rock, RC, the Hump and Cowan. Lots of guys still out there soaking in some rays and getting on the water, good on them.

29-3 is “No Chinook Retention” so, yeah. C&R is OK in all those areas that @hippaisland mentioned above. And yes, Pollock fishing is open for the entire coast until the NGOs find a way to relate them to the SKRW food chain and survival. We’re already in enough sh*t from DFO. No need for more self-imposed restrictions.
Planning to get out on Saturday if the high pressure eases off. This is prime Hump time in 29-3.

Never compared prices so thought I'd ask ... do all fuel barges in the lower mainland generally price gas the same? Or can it vary quite a bit like with car gas stations?

I have lived and fished in Vancouver for 55 years. Can't believe our fishery has come down to Pinks (crab bait) and Pollock. It just pisses me off so much!
For ALL the science that has been used to find Sports Fishing as the cause for declining Salmon stocks, nothing has been done except reduce catches and blame the sporties.
Science WILL NOT look into two major political decisions over the last 25 years to see if they may be A cause, not the only one but a big one.

This is empirical evidence, meaning simply cause and effect.

#1 - Fish farms are approved, within 2 years salmon stocks are reduced EVERY YEAR. Everyone can see this evidence, look at the run sizes and look at fish farms starts. Occasionally fish farm moves.
#2 - As a result of the seal hunt back east the government out here decides to halt seal hunting/culls. Not that the pinnipeds are an endangered species. This allowed for unprecedented population explosion because of man made fish hatcheries, log booms (safe and easy) and the animals lack of fear of humans, they learn

Recently there has been an almost ban on some fisheries and it just so happens that the DFO stops providing catch info or makes it almost impossible to find or late.

The whales are still starving.

For all the salmon conservation and hatchery efforts the Orca are losing the battle for fish to seals, seals will go up the river to hunt, Orcas' won't. Seals have learned that fishing boats are a buffet waiting to be gorged on without consequence.

Just wait until the Orcas start taking seals off the beaches in Vancouver or decide people make a fine meal.

Enough of that.

I about to try to take my rebuilt boat out and might be able to use a partner for towing back,
Aren't you allowed to catch the Atlantic Salmon out here?
I mean that is why they don't want anyone fishing and seeing how many have escaped right? ;D

There is plenty of discussion on the political front regarding restrictions in other threads. Please keep this to reports and similar discussion.

For ALL the science that has been used to find Sports Fishing as the cause for declining Salmon stocks, nothing has been done except reduce catches and blame the sporties.
Science WILL NOT look into two major political decisions over the last 25 years to see if they may be A cause, not the only one but a big one.

This is empirical evidence, meaning simply cause and effect.

#1 - Fish farms are approved, within 2 years salmon stocks are reduced EVERY YEAR. Everyone can see this evidence, look at the run sizes and look at fish farms starts. Occasionally fish farm moves.
#2 - As a result of the seal hunt back east the government out here decides to halt seal hunting/culls. Not that the pinnipeds are an endangered species. This allowed for unprecedented population explosion because of man made fish hatcheries, log booms (safe and easy) and the animals lack of fear of humans, they learn

Recently there has been an almost ban on some fisheries and it just so happens that the DFO stops providing catch info or makes it almost impossible to find or late.

The whales are still starving.

For all the salmon conservation and hatchery efforts the Orca are losing the battle for fish to seals, seals will go up the river to hunt, Orcas' won't. Seals have learned that fishing boats are a buffet waiting to be gorged on without consequence.

Just wait until the Orcas start taking seals off the beaches in Vancouver or decide people make a fine meal.

Enough of that.

I about to try to take my rebuilt boat out and might be able to use a partner for towing back,
Aren't you allowed to catch the Atlantic Salmon out here?
I mean that is why they don't want anyone fishing and seeing how many have escaped right? ;D

pretty sad
My terminology for people that know me is (It's a big Goat F!). Good luck on the water guys.

Back