2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Scooted up to halfmoon bay/sechelt for the weekend. Bit of a snotty ride out of the harbour this afternoon but the gal didn’t complain too much. Guess some residual from last night... smoothed out a bit after we tucked behind Worlcombe and hugged the coast. Tomorrow looks **** but going to scoot out to Epsom Saturday for sure. Anyone been out lately up this way?

Will report back!

Thormanby looks great! Epsom should be happening for sure, and you can check the shoal easily too. Let us know!

J

Just explain why we should have a marked fish fishery and little bit about your fishing background that’s all I did
if it goes to mark selective fishery only, there’s gonna be a pretty “minty” DE 185 hittin the market. i fish a lot and i’ve caught maybe 4 clipped fish here in CR in about five years.

if it goes to mark selective fishery only, there’s gonna be a pretty “minty” DE 185 hittin the market. i fish a lot and i’ve caught maybe 4 clipped fish here in CR in about five years.
been around 80 percent clipped fish ive found fishing locally around here in vancouver in previous years between april and june

I went for a walk last night and it was still blowing hard in Port Moody by the beach.
The forecast doesn’t look good for the weekend but it looks like we might get a break on Sunday morning. Thinking of getting out to Gibsons for some prawning and trying for springs. Not sure if the window is going to be forgiving enough though. ;)

View attachment 64126
Hey BC what site is this?

Tough searching on the inside for you guys and hatchies. Gonna be some interesting times ahead. Better off with a tinny up there for ripping around and getting out on the chuck.

Today I went up to defense islands. Stopped on the way right about where it becomes legal to catch and release on the highway side of the sound. There is a creepy squatter shack. Just outside the shack we caught two spring right away. One on a brads bait box the other on an all white Westcoast spoon with an all white flasher. Two weird setups. It was cold and shady so we trolled 7 km to Puerto cove then across to defense. But only one more shaker. We should have stayed by the cabin. 20210411_084042.jpg

Today I went up to defense islands. Stopped on the way right about where it becomes legal to catch and release on the highway side of the sound. There is a creepy squatter shack. Just outside the shack we caught two spring right away. One on a brads bait box the other on an all white Westcoast spoon with an all white flasher. Two weird setups. It was cold and shady so we trolled 7 km to Puerto cove then across to defense. But only one more shaker. We should have stayed by the cabin. View attachment 64236
I’ve heard good things about those Brad’s Baits

Today I went up to defense islands. Stopped on the way right about where it becomes legal to catch and release on the highway side of the sound. There is a creepy squatter shack. Just outside the shack we caught two spring right away. One on a brads bait box the other on an all white Westcoast spoon with an all white flasher. Two weird setups. It was cold and shady so we trolled 7 km to Puerto cove then across to defense. But only one more shaker. We should have stayed by the cabin. View attachment 64236
I like it! Was this in 28-2 or 28-4? I see both areas listed as non-retention, so both areas should be c&r.

I have always said the tug is the drug. Now I need to take it one better as the screech is the drug of choice. Got to experience it twice within 30 mins of each other at HITW tonight putting in a couple of hours just wanting to enjoy the day and the weather. Both at 100 on wegee cop car. Sure made my day

Back