2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished the hump today. From 830 until 130. Four undersized and one pollock. Tunstall from 145 until 330. Nothing, but did find some bait. Tons of boats out at both locations. Hopefully we'll see some better reports then mine.

Fished the hump today. From 830 until 130. Four undersized and one pollock. Tunstall from 145 until 330. Nothing, but did find some bait. Tons of boats out at both locations. Hopefully we'll see some better reports then mine.
I never understood the tons of boats at the hump thing. It's the biggest fishing area imaginable.

Had 2 sets of prawn traps "disappear" on me today on the south side of bowen.

Set them a very fair distance from a few sets all using the same unique looking scotchman.. came back 5 hours later and not a single float or trap was to be found.

Almost $1k in hardware gone like that.

Did catch a beautiful pollock .. no salmon from the south end up to the waterfall.

Had 2 sets of prawn traps "disappear" on me today on the south side of bowen.

Set them a very fair distance from a few sets all using the same unique looking scotchman.. came back 5 hours later and not a single float or trap was to be found.

Almost $1k in hardware gone like that.

Did catch a beautiful pollock .. no salmon from the south end up to the waterfall.
Was your traps weighted?

Awesome whale show at the bell saterday, filled the screen the bait was herded so tight almost completely red on the hummingbird. One keeper, 50 in 100, unmarked marble ish. Couple of unders. All on the typical 3" spoons. Great day on the water. I cant seem to attach photos from laptop, says file is too big?

Last edited:
Awesome whale show at the bell saterday, filled the screen the bait was herded so tight almost completely red on the hummingbird. One keeper, 50 in 100, unmarked marble ish. Couple of unders. All on the typical 3" spoons. Great day on the water. I cant seem to attach photos from laptop, says file is too big?
Use your phone. Text it to yourself then copy/paste and post to this thread. Bit clunky but works for me.

We tried every spot yesterday just shakers for us ,bunch of crabs and prawns made the day though and seeing these guys swimming in front of me was a bit odd lol not the best pics though .

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_133056.jpg
    IMG_20210327_133056.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 280
  • MVIMG_20210327_133028.jpg
    MVIMG_20210327_133028.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 244
Hey guys. Now that skiing season is winding down will be back to the water. Starting Thursday. Anyone has had any luck in the harbour these days? I know it’s low everywhere... or time to move to hump / Bowen? Cheers

Back