2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Went out today. Hut island, waterfall and Tunstall. Hut Island we got one under. Tunstall we got stocked by at one point 4 seals. Waterfall we got 4 under. At Hut We saw a black kingfisher bottom fishing and having great success. They kept everything. I tried calling the Rapp line. But there was no reception. No seals at Hut or waterfall.

Went out today. Hut island, waterfall and Tunstall. Hut Island we got one under. Tunstall we got stocked by at one point 4 seals. Waterfall we got 4 under. At Hut We saw a black kingfisher bottom fishing and having great success. They kept everything. I tried calling the Rapp line. But there was no reception. No seals at Hut or waterfall.
Did you take pictures? You can report it afterwards and it's just as good. Not like they'd rip out there to stop them.

I honestly feel like in situations like that people should drive right up to them with cameras rolling to make it be known that people are watching and will report it.

Did you take pictures? You can report it afterwards and it's just as good. Not like they'd rip out there to stop them.

I honestly feel like in situations like that people should drive right up to them with cameras rolling to make it be known that people are watching and will report it.
No we didn't take pictures. We were arguing whether or not it was illegal. With our phones getting no service it makes it hard. But I see them all the time and they were openly doing it for hours on end today.

No we didn't take pictures. We were arguing whether or not it was illegal. With our phones getting no service it makes it hard. But I see them all the time and they were openly doing it for hours
Good on you for trying to call it in. Its too bad they didn't pick up. Perhaps taking down their boat's registration number might be good for reporting later? Thats probably what I'll do if I see them in the future. Thanks for letting us all know so we can keep an eye out for them too. Was it a black kingfisher open boat or enclosed cabin type?

Good on you for trying to call it in. Its too bad they didn't pick up. Perhaps taking down their boat's registration number might be good for reporting later? Thats probably what I'll do if I see them in the future. Thanks for letting us all know so we can keep an eye out for them too. Was it a black kingfisher open boat or enclosed cabin type?
Yeah admin loves it when you post pictures of the boat on here and we all start talking about throwing lead at them.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, But should we be reporting about how many undersize or shakers we are catching and releasing? Are we adding fuel to the fire about fish mortality. THEY are watching our forums.

18' kingfisher black with a soft top. Typically I've seen them around South bowen. I said I see them all the time earlier, in actual fact I've only probably seen them three times. All recent

Last edited:
Hey Reeltime, I got 7 large crabs last weekend and they were all soft shell, how was yours?
Say @Reeltime and he'll get a notification

Of course if you're talking to me you can just write my name regularly because I'll see it anyways because I'm on here all day. I mean I'll notice when you're not even talking to me... like right now.

Solid day out there yesterday.
3 keepers. A 63,65,70cm. Bucket of Prawns and 5 crabs to come home. About 5 unders throughout the day, and surprisingly no seal encounters. It was glassy the entire day and the sun was out!
U fish tunstall ?

Fished the bell from 330-530pm, got real sporty near the end! Lots of bait, no seals and no hits. One line on the bottom one suspended. Having some helm steering fluid issues (leaking like a faucet at times) that caused a bunch of fun topping it up to make the trip back to false Creek. Any reco's for mobile technicians?

Back